General Management/Administrative Leadership
- Performance evaluation, facilitating diverse learning, and building productive relationships with clients and staff.
- Energetic self-starter with excellent team development, conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Expert in forecasting workforce requirements, establishing/redesigning organizations, and influencing/leading the work of individuals and groups in change initiatives.
- Extensive experience with corporate start-ups, mergers/acquisitions, and divestitures.
- Strong initiative in decision-making and assumption of responsibilities.
- Improvement of agency’s community status resulting in an increase of monetary donations and positive publicity for local nonprofits.
- Experienced in various aspects of design and goal setting, customer service, sales and training.
- Assisted a 10-member consulting team in the administration of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator to assess employees’ personality types and how they correlate with job performance.
- Improved management/labor relations through improved communications processes.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to cultivate and sustain positive relationships with financial sponsors.
- Determined feasibility of developing programs to supplement local annual budget allocations.
Cost Containment/Financial Controls
- Responsible for developing operational budget for operational scope of authority based on detailed forecasts.
- Budget preparation, management, and analysis of division finances.
- Preparation and audit of financial documents, including internal and external financial statements.
- Revamped employee training resulting in a 60% decrease in work comp claims.
- Audit preparations for finance, information technology solutions, and government and regulatory compliance.
- Thwarted 98% of unemployment claims; 40% increase in Employee Retention
- Exceptional organization skills with ability to coordinate, develop and facilitate technology transfer programs.
- $350,000 insurance reimbursement due to detailed investigation and cost analysis.
- Created first computerized database resulting in more efficient handling of client confidential data.
HUMAN RESOURCE LEADERSHIP
Directed and managed all human resources functions with responsibility for multiple locations. Counseled managerial and non-managerial personnel on a variety of matters associated with corporate employee relations and customer service. Established various policy-making committees, i.e., Wage and Salary Administration, Employee Handbook, Supervisory/Managerial Training, Organizational Development, and Employee Awards and Incentives. Worked consistently with third party administrators and actuaries to reduce administrative cost of benefits. Established and revised manuals on corporate policy and procedure. Facilitated workshops and training to monitor and ensure organizational and professional development. Developed and managed departmental budgets and monthly and annual forecasts.
- Compensation and Benefits Administration
Responsible for all phases of salary administration, on-site job evaluations; position classification, created job descriptions in compliance with ADA. Formulated basic concepts, prepared proposals for corporate approval, formalized policies and procedures. Developed requirements, selected and administered group life & health insurance plans, long-term disability, travel and accident programs. Negotiated with insurance carriers to ensure competitive benefit levels at lowest possible cost.
- Labor Relations/Risk Management
Worked diligently in the development and maintenance of employee safety programs. Systematically formulated strategic goals and plans in union avoidance. Efficiently filed and maintained corporate data on injuries in compliance with Worker's Compensation regulations. Lowered the cost of worker’s compensation claims through employee safety training. Administer negotiated labor contracts; prepped eligibles for pension and retirement.
- EEO and Affirmative Action
Developed, updated and implemented Affirmative Action Plans. Conducted compliance reviews, performed as counselor and mediator in various settings. Maintained appropriate files on protected classes; reviewed new job requisitions to ensure equal consideration and promotion commensurate with performance. Organized and conducted training sessions for supervisors and managers on training and upgrading of female and minority workers. Successfully ensured the discharge of several EEOC claims filed against the employer. Strengthened employee morale through counseling sessions with subordinates and supervisors. Generated and managed reports in compliance with EEO-1 and Vets-100 reporting.
- Legal Compliance/Training & Development
Ensured adequate training for supervisory and managerial staff in the area of legal compliance in training, promotions and interviewing skills. Spearheaded the process to establish training sessions to inform corporate staff of new federal employment guidelines. Made recommendations and preparations for continuing education for employees at all levels. Conducted and out-sourced training of company employees for career progression, and increased job knowledge.
- Talent Acquisition/Employee Relations
Directed all aspects of professional, technical and administrative recruiting, branding and on-boarding; established effective relocation procedures. Identified standardized testing procedures for clerical and technical applicants. Administered employee relations programs; counseled employees concerning personal and/or job-related matters. Managed referrals to EAPs as needed.
- Human Capital Management Systems
Installed, developed and implemented several Human Resource Management Systems for large and small businesses. Managed employee data files including personnel and payroll file data maintenance. Oversaw the manual cleanup of personnel/payroll data. Programmed and generated relevant reports i.e., turnover, promotions, transfers, ROIs, etc.