McQuiag Word Survey Profile shows the behavioral characteristics of an individual who is very results oriented and adopts an assertive, commanding leadership style. Unwavering in his desire to achieve, he takes charge and will exhibit the traditional leadership characteristics required in different environments.
- His sense of urgency makes him want to move things along relatively quickly but he can easily adapt to longer-term projects when necessary.
- He normally favors a practical, task-focused, demanding approach to leadership.
- More detail oriented and thorough than many leaders, he takes an organized, structured, disciplined approach to managing.
Motivating and Teambuilding
Results-oriented, he encourages internal competition, setting ambitious, challenging goals with short timeframes. While he can be a patient coach if the situation warrants it, he can sometimes light a fire under his team when appropriate. He will impart his focus on quantifiable results to his team and communicates his ideas in a fairly straightforward manner. He is careful to ensure that his relationships with his team members do not stand in the way of achieving his business plan. Although he accepts some innovation from his team, he still expects them to follow defined parameters.
Decision Making and Problem Solving
Very self-assured, he readily accepts the responsibility for decision making, recognizes that all decisions may not be popular, and sees himself as a strong problem solver who:
·weighs the pressure to decide quickly against the instinct to proceed at a less hurried pace
·believes that decisions should evolve from a blend of intuitive thinking and factual analysis
·feels the best decisions are ones that are balanced by a respect for existing systems and processes
A risk taker who believes he can make it happen, he embraces opportunities to shape change. He uses his basic sense of urgency to keep the momentum going forward quickly. He will attempt to get buy-in and team involvement, but recognizes that sometimes this is not possible and will not let it stand in his way. He can take a somewhat innovative approach to change so long as procedures are set in place to ensure a successful roll-out.
This is a very ambitious, achievement-oriented individual who thoroughly enjoys competing with others and being able to tackle tough assignments. He:
- is focused on results, goes directly to the heart of a problem to get things done and will not be distracted from his goals;
- thinks of himself as a winner and is comfortable pioneering solutions and overcoming obstacles;
- can accept accountability for both people and the bottom line within clearly defined parameters;
- readily assumes responsibility for the work of others, accepts authority over them and will fight for success.
source: McQuaig Word Survey June 5, 2012