- Led a cross-divisional team to define conceptual architectures and execution plan for multi-year product launch for new digital score reporting capabilities for AP students and parents (2012-13)
- Delivered 3-year CRM roadmap strategy for migration of institutional (B2B) sales enablement, social analysis, marketing, and service capabilities to salesforce.com platform (2012)
- Led businesstechnology strategy effort to define and validate priorities for investment in digital media to support emerging International strategy. Goal is to grow volumes and revenues in select markets (Middle / Far East) by 10% YoY for the next 3-5 years. Digital media investment will include capabilities and technology to promote key programs (AP, SAT) through online / social marketing and targeted content strategies (2011)
- Led information track of multi-year project to build digital reporting platform that achieved cost-savings (over 3-yr period) by eliminating print production and shipping costs. Platform provided reports to ~250k educators, over the same 3-yr period. (2010)
- Net recovery in approx. $500k expenses by implementing measures of vendor data quality against existing service-level agreements (2008)
- Delivered product, data sourcing, and governance solutions for enterprise institutional ordering, CRM, and major online platforms, on time and under budget. (2006-09)
- Developed and managed rollout of enterprise customer master data management effort. Achieved an estimated $500k savingsin mid-term (3-yr) development efforts and reduction of $1M in licensing / operational costs over a 5-yr period by integrating siloed data systems (2004-07)
- Created cost-savings of $400k annually, for (client) communication agency, through the implementation of new hardware and software infrastructure thatmore closely aligned with partners and clients (2003)
- 25-30% increase in efficiency of client program management office through implementation of project lifecycle methodology, template libraries, and performance measurement approach (2002)
- Increased revenue 15% annually through deployment of near real-time point-of-sale (POS) and inventory management systems on nationwide showroom floors (1999)
Business + Solutions Architecture| Business Intelligence + Analytics | Client Engagement + Facilitation |Digital Transformation | Education Technology | Enterprise Data Management | IT and Data Governance |Market Intelligence + Research | Organization Change Management | Product Development | Project + Program Management | Regulatory Compliance | Strategic Planning + Roadmapping | Team Leadership |
Previous Work History included positions at MANHATTAN PRIMARY CARE (Mount Sinai Hospital Partnership) (1995-1996) as a Systems Analyst and Engineer and SHEARSON LEHMAN / AMERICAN EXPRESS, as a Business Analyst (1995).
Jan 2011 - Jun 2013
Senior Director - Business Solutions Partners
Account and Portfolio Management
- Primary liaison between Business Technology division and business units across the organization, including Research, Membership, Test Programs(SAT, PSAT), Institutional Sales, and Government Relations.
- Manage overall relationship with key leadership in respective business units. Manage demand intake from client units.
- Help to direct and prioritize annual technology investment plans. Manage annual technology budgets. Serve on corporate portfolio management team to help sequence and prioritize multi-year technology projects.
- Responsible for development and delivery of early-stage concept design, including business and technical solutions architecture plans, and sourcing recommendations for online score reporting for AP students, a future state integrated CRM solution and roadmap, a roadmap and functional vision for and enterprise identity and access management (IAM) capability, and a strategic market scan and notional roadmap for mobile platforms.
May 2007 - Jan 2011
Senior Director - Enterprise Information Management
Information Strategy and Leadership
Chairperson of cross-functional team responsible for development and stewardship of enterprise data standards and business rules and policies. Lead teams that evaluate and develop acquisition strategy for new enterprise data assets.
- Standards on customer, financial, and geography (market) data defined and adopted across the enterprise. Adoption and implementation of these standards has allowed for data interchange with external customers and partners.
- Managed launch of online data collection surveys that drive revenue and research opportunities for key product and test assessment areas. New data exchange partnerships with vendors and partners created (D+B, Experian, Dept of Ed).
Program Delivery / Team Leadership
Online Score Reports Projects – Led the information management track that focused on the long-term data
acquisition and sourcing approach forthe project, and defined the key areas and points ofintegration.
- Delivered data flow and data sourcing /managementsolutions for entire project on time and budget
- Oversaw successful loading of 12M AP examrecords for online reports platform
- Oversaw successful loading of 3.5M PSAT student records in year one, 14M in subsequent years. Increased penetration / product usage volumes of 10-20% annually in studentmarket
Nov 2003 - Apr 2007
Director - Enterprise Information Planning
Master Data Management
Led the implementation and business solutions definition of a multi-year Master Data Management initiative.
- Defined vision, value proposition, and business requirements and roadmap for enterprise customer data and master data platforms for test programs (AP, PSAT, SAT) and test item and correlated academic standards.
- Defined and executed integration plan for siloed data, resulting in estimated $500k savings in mid-term (3-yr)
- development efforts and estimated reduction of $1M in licensing / operational costs over a 5-yr period.
- Centralized, master data has enabled many new enterprise platform launches (Institutional Ordering, CRM),
- new product offerings and supported a much improved and seamless end-user / customer experience.
Jan 2000 - Oct 2003
Technology and Architecture Practice
Handshake Dynamics LLC
Client Challenge (Shepherdson, Stern, and Kaminsky LLC)
Rapidly growing multi-channel Advertising and Public Relations Firm required guidance in future direction of IT architecture to facilitate more efficient collaboration with partners and clients.
- Developed proposal and capital budget for new technology infrastructure. New HW and SW assets resulted in immediate productivity gains and increased collaboration with major clients (Microsoft, Kraft) and partners (CAA).
- Recruited, assembled and trained new IT staff. Due Diligence and Procurement of all IT outsourcing vendor contracts.
Client Challenge (Access Group International)
Growing educational lending organization to understand challenges in choosing and delivering the “right” projects to advance the mission of the company and increase levels of efficiency / automation to existing process.
- Developed processes and templates for the implementation of a formal program management office.
- Conducted training sessions for internal managers, on when and how to best apply project-oriented artifacts such as charters, vision documents, communications plans, risk mitigation plans, etc.
Directed operations for all telecommunications, network, and IT systems architecture. Ownership of all IT and systems-related budgeting and expenditure planning responsibilities.
- Increased billable revenue for consulting services by 15% with design and implementation of corporate time and accounting system to more effectively track actual labor against target allocations.
- Established both physical and electronic security policies and implementation of various information security initiatives.
- Reduced total cost of ownership by 50% by implementing rigorous software maintenance program for all laptops
Nov 1996 - Dec 1999
Information Systems Management
Wholesaler looking to expand to new markets, increase usage of systems for order placement and inventory control, and standardize customization of furniture orders and bulk contract purchases.Directed MIS staff at corporate HQ.
- Led development of product configuration modules that standardized options for customization and bulk contract bundles. This led to an estimated 25% cost-savings in labor to manage custom orders and customer service.
- Reduced time-to-market for new products by eliminating delays in data throughput(from suppliers) by 50%.
- Designed rollout strategy for showroom floor POS solution, that allowed for quicker order capture and increased levels of customer satisfaction with reduced lead-time (estimated 15% annual revenue growth).