Town of Carrboro
Managed town operations under the direction of the seven-member Mayor and Board of Aldermen. Acted as administrative head of the Town, and carried out the laws and policies enacted by the Board in accordance with the Town’s Charter. Had full responsibility for appointment and management of Town staff, preparation and administration of the Town’s budget, oversight of daily operations and a wide range of other activities. Town departments include: Economic and Community Development, Finance and Budget, Fire and Rescue, Human Resources, Parks and Recreation, Police, Planning, and Public Works.
- Enhanced service levels throughout the town and implemented the board’s strategic priorities by delivering the fiscal year 2012-2013 budget within six weeks of being hired, which was approved without a tax increase
- Improved economic development and redevelopment by identifying and directing efforts towards locally based arts, entertainment, and entrepreneurs, including Carrboro Branding and Marketing Campaign
- Promoted environmental sustainability by advancing public transportation, sidewalk and greenway projects, energy efficiencies, and stormwater management
- Upgraded and improved communications and transparency through web site upgrades, audio and video streaming of board meetings, agenda management software, and exploration of options to deploy fiber optic broadband services within the community
- Collaborated with community leaders to address social service issues, such as affordable housing, homelessness, poverty, education, and social equality