Director of Partnership Development (September 2008 - November 2008; I was laid off)
Responsible for development of partnerships (strategic, marketing, and community) with direct budget impact exceeding $1 million. Early stage discussions with Disney, Adobe, Microsoft, LEGO, and others.
Director of Marketing (four direct reports, agency/vendor management - November 2004 - August 2008)
Reporting to CEO, pioneered marketing strategy and plan with senior-level responsibility for all corporate communications, brand management, new customer demand generation, and department/ vendor management. P&L exceeded $1.2 million. Scope of marketing activities covered multiple divisions for national technology education services company. Results include achieving multi-year, double digit growth in revenues and market share, launching new on/offline products, built marketing dashboard and scorecards, and achieved Best Company status from culture development.
- Managed all internal company communications including monthly meetings, newsletter, board communications, and employee recognition program.
- Served key role in corporate vision/mission/values clarification. Responsible for linking culture to brand and team development
- Delivered consecutive, multi-year increase in sales of +30%.
- Achieved +320% increase in grass-roots, customer referral program participation
- Managed creation of Web 2.0 community; concept through functional tech spec and launch
- Met or exceeded annual product license goals by +17% three years in a row through working directly with and supporting field sales staff.
- Launched new brand for all products and garnered national media attention with Washington Post, ABC News, Boston Globe, and other media outlets.
- Managed and implemented Google AdWords, Yahoo Search, email campaigns, and all related SEO for multiple product and corporate Web sites growing unique visitors by +35% YOY.
- Created and launched viral buzz agent program and established channel distributor partnerships