Minister of Music and Worship Arts
First Baptist Church, Gaffney SC
(Church size 500 on Sundays. 8:30 Traditional & 11:00 Contemporary)- Contemporary Worship Team - Made up of 12 musicians and 10 vocalist that participate on arotation. We are not limited to any specific genre of music. We use songs from Hillsong, Israel, Tomlin, Redman, Jesus Culture, etc. On any given Sunday the band consist of 3 - 4 guitarist, drummer, aux percussionist, 2 keyboards, and 2 - 5 vocalist. This group also travels a couple times a year to lead worship for conferences, revivals, or college functions.
- E.P.I.C. was a Sunday night service that I started to expand our Contemporary music style.This was a night once a month of just music and worship arts. EPIC stands for Exalt, Praise, Ignite,Connect. Worshipers were encouraged to be more involved and to take part of the whole worshipprocess. Ideas consisted of the congregation coming down front and painting on a huge canvas, or using light bulbs to remind us to be the light.
- Youth Choir: Started by myself in 2011 this group of 30+ young people have attendedSonPower twice and recorded two full length CD's. In 2012 we toured Richmond VA and Pigeon Forge TN. Most recently, in June 2013, 39 members and chaperones set out on an 8 day tour through Danville Va, New York City, and Richmond Va. The students did impromptu concerts throughout the streets of NYC and then prayed with bystanders and shared the gospel. I am extremely proud of this group and their love of the Lord. Our youth ministry is very strong at First Baptist and it shows through this group.
- Instrument Ensembles: We use church members and students from the local High School andLimestone College on occasions to add emphasis to a special event. We have even had asteel drum band from Limestone and Sign Language group from Gardner Webb University join us in worship.
- Children's Music: The FBCG children participate in the Christmas Concert or full lengthChristmas Musical of their own each year. I enjoy directing and building the sets for these musicals.
- Adult Choir: 35+ voice on Sunday. 50 - 60 during holidays and special occasions.- Senior Adult Choir: I resource this choir. Our Organist handles all senior adult ministry.
Supervising Roles- I oversee the hiring of all musicians and media art technicians at First Baptist. I work closelywith our Media Arts director, Jared Snead, who doubles as our youth worship leader. I rebuilt thechurches website from scratch in January 2012. Jared keeps it updated under my watch. There are three worship centers at First Baptist, Jared and I work together to keep the technical needs met.
- The Smithsonian's American Roots Music Exhibit *please see details below- I try once or twice a year to be involved in Limestone College's music or theatre related events.Our church has developed a strong connection to this school. We provide a free home cooked mealevery Sunday, a pancake exam break twice a year, help them move in and a back to school cookout.It is so important to keep Jesus present in their new life at school.- I have directed two productions while in Gaffney. One for the Gaffney Little Theatre and one for Limestone College.