Read International and Letraset
Reed Paper and Board
Jun 2008 - Dec 2008
Director, Solution Consulting
Aspect Software Inc. founded the contact center industry and is now the world’s largest company solely focused on unified communications for the contact center. Our all-in-one, IT-ready solutions communications-enable customer service, collections and sales & telemarketing business processes for small and medium enterprises as well as for two-thirds of the FORTUNE Global 100.
The Director of Sales Solution Consulting is responsible for ensuring that the sales organization and executives are provided with a ‘best in class’ service for our current and future customers. That all customer solutions represent the very best of Aspect products and meet or exceed the business and technical needs of the customer to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction with the NE (Northern European) market. This involves the management of a team of highly skilled and dedicated Solution Consultants across the region.In addition, the role involves the management of a sales overlay team for the Work Force Management solution in the region managing to agreed targets & quota.
The role requires :
·Promote revenue growth within the region for the new product lines of business
·Drive strategic customer migrations.
·Supporting and coordinating with marketing initiatives with the region.
·Engage at senior levels within organization to promote the Aspect vision and strategy.
·Educate the market in Unified Communications.
·Ensure the sales processes are tightly integrated to provide the sales team with timely, relevant and quality information for our customers and prospects.
·The personal development and growth of the Solution Consulting & Overlay Sales teams to ensure they meet the needs of today’s and tomorrow’s market and the correct resources are available to drive business growth.
·Ensure the overall design of the solution not only meets or exceeds the needs of Aspects customers but is coordinated with Professional Services, Support and other parts of the Aspect business to drive customer satisfaction and referenceability.
·Ensure a close cooperation with Sales Consulting and Product Management and Development to ensure the very best of Aspect product capabilities are presented to the market and the correct levels of technical skills are available within the region.
Jul 2005 - Jun 2008
VP of Sales & Professional Services
Fluency Voice Technology (Call Centre market)
Fluency Voice Technology is a leading provider of packaged speech recognition applications for use in call centers. The solutions enable enterprises significantly to reduce costs and enhance customer experience by automating much of the high volume call centre activities. Key sectors for Fluency are Financial Services, Travel and Transport, Utilities, Public Sector, Telecoms and Retail. Fluency has always been at the forefront of speech recognition and has changed the way in which businesses use speech by introducing configurable ‘packaged’ applications.
This was an opportunity to achieve a personal objective. Joining the executive team of a UK based VC backed organization within an emerging new technology and market.
This role developed into sales management role with full P&L responsibility for the UK business covering Sales,Professional Services, Support and Maintenance and the Hosted Managed Services. Leading a team in a consultative sales and professional services process within the Call Centre market for speech self service applications.
·Returned the Professional Services, Support and Maintenance and the Hosted Managed Service (SaaS) P & L’s to revenue growth and strong margins with the ‘on Demand’ business revenue up by over 130% on the same quarter year-on-year.
·Responsible for all contractual and price negotiations for the business units including all suppliers and partners.
·Managed a consultative sales process.
·Ensuring business continuity and service levels across a 24x7 service.
·Forward and capacity planning of the hosted platform to match seasonal and peak demand.
·Driving and influencing the product strategy and roadmap to meet the needs of customers and partners.
·Regular customer service reviews to manage and report on SLA’s.
·Management of revenue forecasts and reporting.
·Regularly achieved quarterly revenue targets.
·Introduced and drove ‘services generated’ revenue through the introduction of effective account management.
·Transitioned the business from a ‘services only’ business to a product company.
·Established a US ‘on demand’ hosted business based on a partner model.
·Returned the customer base to reference levels of customer satisfaction.
Mar 2000 - Jul 2005
Director of Professional Services
Witness Systems & Eyretel (Call Centre market)
Witness provide integrated voice recording software solutions into Call Centers, typically involving some of the largest financial and services organizations in the world.
Assumed full P & L responsibility involving the management of a number of Project Managers, technical resource and associated projects throughout EMEA region involving some of the most complex call centers in Europe.
The role involves the following achievements & responsibilities:
·Quarter on quarter revenue growth and improved margins.
·Building strong business relationships with the Client and the Partner to demonstrate Management leadership in the creation and deployment of the Witness-based solution.
·Have an intimate knowledge of the contractual and commercial aspects of clients and partners.
·When required, assisting in the pre-sales and bid stages for new assignments.
·Manage the technical resources assigned by Witness.
·Building a strong team for each project by assigning the correct level of project management and technical resource to ensure project success using a PRINCE2 methodology.
·Coordinating all technical activities affecting the Witness-centric solution with the client and partner.
·Securing the technical and client engagement for Witness, liaising directly on all technical issues with Witness R & D and Product Management.
·Identification of any potential sales opportunities to the Witness sales team.
·Ensuring that all training needs for project team members are met.
·Identifying enhancements to existing processes; recommending new processes to enhance the quality of the deliverables from Professional Services.
·Closely managing any company risk and exposure and providing an escalation point.
Services Project Manager – Witness Systems
This was a programme management role within a Prince 2 environment involving the management of a number of projects concurrently throughout EMEA. Projects represent significant investments to clients, involving large and complex integrations into call centers for some of Europe’s leading organizations in the financial services and general services sectors. This role was initially as a sub-contract and later fully time.
Head of Product Development – Eyretel Ltd
Eyretel PLC is a global provider of enterprise Customer Experience Management (CEM/CRM) solutions to the Call Centres and Financials Trading markets. The company was primarily focused on voice recording and call analysis using traditional telephony and VoIP (voice over IP) technology.
This was perceived as a growth opportunity to develop products for a global enterprise market requiring a three-stage development strategy of recovery, stabilization and, finally, growth. A product designed for single site implementation was now required to operate across global enterprises and time-zones.
From a personal perspective it was an opportunity to prove transferable management skills in a wholly different market and technology sector.
The role had responsibility for hardware and software development across the whole of the development life cycle, including engineering, product quality testing and documentation, translation, Level3 support and training, reporting to the EVP of Global Product Development and Customer Support. The highlights and achievements are:
- Complete restructuring of the management and development teams.
- Reduced people ‘turnover’ from approx. 20% to less than 5%.
- Overall improvement in skills and experience mix (utilizing skills matrix)
- Development team in excess of 40 staff plus four managers and technical support staff.
- Introduction of personal objective planning aligned to corporate business plans.
- Personal Development Plans (PDM’s) and training.
- Improved product quality
- The release for the first time of the whole product suite.
- Two major releases in two years (v5 and v6) and multiple maintenance releases.
- New product development into new markets (Financial Trading) and technologies (Web and screen capture) using ASP, XML, HTML and SOAP.
- New VoIP (Voice over IP) based recording.
- Introduced revised development life cycle including automated testing.
- Achieved ISO/tickit quality certification.
- Working with Product Management to establish a product roadmap process for the first time.
- Introduced Project based planning tools
- Management reporting introduced.
Apr 1988 - Mar 2000
Product Development Director - Baan (Coda Division)
Baan / Coda (ERP/Financial Accounting market)
Baan / Coda
Development Director - Baan (CODA Division)(1998 – 2000)
Senior Application Development Manager – Coda(1997 – 1998)
Software Development Manager - Coda (1991 – 1997)
This was a matrix-management role with direct and budgetary responsibility for the CODA-Financials Open, Client-Server product as well as responsibility for the CODA proprietary (HP, VAX, IBM) products involving a total of eight managers and over 60 members of staff. This was a strategic role within the Baan organization as a member of the CODA brand senior management team, as well as reporting into the Baan’s EVP of Engineering in Holland.
To work on a client facing role either within Professional Services or Business Development (sales) where my extensive background with the Call Centre and Telco over the last 9 years can be developed and leveraged.
Ideally, I'd be looking for an organisation with the Unified Communications market working with people I admire and a world class product that can really differentiate on the market and add real business value.
- 9 years experience in the Call Centre and 12 years experience in Financial accounting markets.
- Expertise in building 'C' level and trusted advisor relationships with key stake-holders in FTSE 100 accounts.
- Build sustainable revenue and margin growth with strong P&L control.
- Experienced at delivering service excellence through strong KPI and SLA adherence.
- Extensive experience in project & programme management gained in Professional Services and product development environments.
- Comfortable with complex solution and consultative selling across a range of verticals and technologies.
- Ability to win and develop new business with strong selling skills.
- Strong entrepreneurial ability combined with in-depth market knowledge leading to new business opportunities.
- Building a client perception of innovation and added-value.
- Ability to develop clear account and client strategies.
- Strong leadership skills able to manage and coach multi-disciplined teams with over 10 years in leadership roles.
- Prepared to take ownership and accountability at the highest level.
- Proactive internal and external communications.
- Extensive experience in multi-million contract negotiations and renewal.
- Managed to high levels of customer satisfaction leading to incremental business and growth.
- Deliver and own accurate financial, forecast and management reporting.
- Extensive technical and product expertise.
- Broad executive skills covering all aspect of the software industry including Sales & Pre-sales management, Product Development, Professional Service.
- Experience with matrix management in a large global organization with multiple reporting lines.
- International experience managing remote teams from multiple geographic locations, including out-sourcing.
Summer days with family and Friends
- Introduced and championed a consultative sales process at Fluency Voice in addition to Returning the Fluency Professional Services, Support and Maintenance and the Hosted Managed Service P & L's to revenue growth and strong margins of between 40% to 60%.The 'on Demand' hosted business revenue was up by over 130% on the same quarter year-on-year and 63% overall in 2007.
- Won new consulting business with a major mobile telecoms provider in excess of £250K.
- Led account team into new financial services client with a deal value in excess £1m.
- Negotiated major account renewal to a value in excess of £1.5m in the hotel and leisure sector.
- Led Witness professional services growth during 2004 / 2005 to exceed quarterly targets with strong and improving margins. Managed a team of over 20 billable headcount achieving between $1.8M to £2.2M in revenue per quarter.
- Developed and supported partner channel at Witness systems, specifically Avaya and Nortel.
- A member of the management team that presented and gained agreement from the Baan executive to operate the CODA brand as a new business division returning to profitability in less than nine months.
- Responsible for major 'Red' account recovery plans at Eyretel and Witness. Recovered a major account in one of the largest insurance companies in the US. A turnaround situation to the value of £2m.
- Led and managed teams in excess of sixty staff and eight managers, an annual budget of over £6m, covering the whole of the product development life cycle, including maintenance and support teams.
- Designed and launched global enterprise 'best-of-class' products that continue to win industry awards.
- Key management role in a number of acquisitions.
- Introduced ISO9001/Tickit on two occasions and CMM once.
Outstanding results oriented senior executive with a strong mix of Professional Services & Sales Management, Product Development and Operational business skills. Significant international experience gained in a variety of markets and organisations. Adept at building high performance teams to deliver revenue, profitable growth and complex strategic change. A highly motivated leader and change agent with a strong execution focus. Demonstrates drive to succeed in challenging circumstances, across multiple cultures and geographies.
B.A. (Hons 2.1) Data Processing.
Certified Accountancy Foundation and Part 1
Experience with PRINCE2 , ISO9001/ Tickit and CMM Methodologies
For my next role I'd be looking for a dynamic and forward thinking company, with a competative product, that requires a Director of Professional Services, Sales or Business Development to help significantly grow it's revenue, new accounts and customer satisfaction levels.