Software Project Manager/Engineer
Siemens Energy and Automation
Managed, led and contributed to multiple projects simultaneously including a $500,000 software product project from concept to release and customer support including schedule, budget and resource management.
- Completed project on time and on budget.
- Product is used at the aquarium in Genoa, Italy and to manufacture polymers in Ravenna, Italy.
Managed a team of five engineers doing product maintenance that produced patches, service packs and provided upgrade services to customers with complex system installations generating up to $100,000 in revenue per upgrade.
Managed a product line including decisions to produce patches, to make hardware replacements, how to upgrade existing customers, how to build the product, and how to end the life of the product.
Managed a graphics conversion service for customers who needed to convert graphics from legacy systems to current systems generating up to $10,000 in revenue per order.
Developed software for industrial automation control systems.
- 50,000+ lines of code written that have been used at Pfizer, GlaxoSmithKline, Red Hook Ale, Morning Star Farms (Hunts and Heinz), Golden Cheese of California (Taco Bell), Barilla, CandleCorp, PPG, and Air Products among others.
- Designed and developed real-time database components, and inter-computer communications software for a product line produced for 18 years based on Unix and Linux.
- Developed software to migrate customer data from legacy systems to Siemens’ current systems allowing customer operations to migrate from competitors’ products to Siemens.
- Wrote technical documentation and guided technical writers in creating improved user content.
Managed and administered the configuration management system for a process control system product line
- Administered the source code control system and issue tracking system.
- Managed and controlled hardware component and product configuration drawings, and product build instructions.
- Fixed the CM software and CM database to remove bugs, corruptions, inconsistencies and expand the limits of the system.
- Administered the product source code and CM servers keeping them available 24/7.
Organized training, taught courses, and presented to all levels of internal Siemens employees and external customers.
Created tools to guide proposals engineers and project managers in determining the feasibility and scope of projects migrating customers from legacy products to the current Siemens product.
Worked with customers to diagnose and solve problems, and traveled to customer sites to assist them in installing and upgrading systems, allowing them to be up and running sooner than they could by themselves.