Seeking an entry-level position as a research analyst, where I can utilize my organizational and research skills.
Aug 2007 - Present
Residential Housing Assistant
• Provide administrative/secretarial support for the department such as assisting visitors and resolving and clarifying university’s housing policies and procedures. • Scan and organize documents and files annually of upwards of 900 students. • Serve as the “office tech” to troubleshoot for the copier and office computers.
Aug 2008 - Nov 2008
United Federation of Teachers
• Called registered voters describing the candidate’s position on political issues. • Recruited volunteers for literature drop offs and phone bank shifts.
Jun 2007 - Aug 2007
Business Implementation Specialist
• Provided customer service and technical support to banks and lender/broker firms utilizing Landsafe online services for upwards of seventy calls daily. • Successfully gained the confidence of resistant clients in numerous situations through consistent clarification of policies, listening to their point of view, and negotiating workable compromises.
Aug 2006 - May 2007
Research Assistant Fellowship for Conflict Resolution
Arthur Schneier Center for International Affairs
• Researched for Professor of Social Policy & Doctorial Research Director Dr. Richard Caputo and his paper on “Achieving a Basic Income Guarantee: Efforts-To-Date Around the World.” • Conducted research pertaining to seven countries’ relationships between personal income, satisfaction, and development using Lexis-Nexis, Bloomberg, and the National Opinion Research Center. • Organized and presented findings to over 100 attendees through PowerPoint presentations and organized data into spreadsheets for visual diagrams at the annual student/faculty research night.
Feb 2007 - Apr 2007
Focus Group Moderator
American Voices Committee
• Moderated focus groups consisting of married women from differing socio-economic backgrounds. • Discussed voter perceptions of presidential candidates related to the primary elections. • Engaged participants reactions to copy and images in political direct mail. • Provided preliminary findings reports on married women in Pennsylvania based on results. • Performed affinity analysis using predictive analytics to find factors between income, lifestyle choices, political preferences, and values.
May 2006 - Aug 2006
Customer Care Agent for Sirius Satellite Radio
• Guided customers over the phone regarding new activations, billing inquiries, and troubleshooting. • Awarded “Highest First Call Resolution” and “Highest Customer Satisfaction” awards by supervisor. • Consistency performed above Key Performance Indicators (KPI) with weekly special recognition by Team Leads.
Aug 2005 - May 2006
• Collated and edited submissions. • Organized themes, structures, and vision for the journal.
May 2005 - Aug 2005
Technical Support Agent II for Verizon DSL
• Directed customers through complex, technical issues over the phone for eighty-five calls daily. • Supported DSL internet connectivity, troubleshooting VPN clients, and email server issues. • Partnered with clients through GotoAssist Program for Remote User Support. • Used Remedy as the Primary Ticket System for all Technical Ticket Escalations.
Aug 2003 - May 2005
University of Texas at Dallas
• Compiled and verified all transcripts and incoming documents. • Organized and filed documents relating to the development of each student. • Maintained updated computerized database of students. • Marketed registrar's purpose and role during student orientation. • Ran multi-line switchboard directing incoming calls to various departments and offices.
2005 - 2009
• Relevant Courses: Statistics, Sociology of Language, Cultural Wars in Europe, and International Economics • Wrote editorials for colleges’ newspapers, The Observer and The Commentator.
2002 - 2005
Political Science Coursework • Participated in the City of Richardson's Relay for Life, a cancer walk by the American Cancer Society. • Lobbied UT Board of Regrets for a "Conservative Studies / Classical Liberalism" major. • Aided the Multicultural Center in promoting diversity.