- University of Michigan Alumni Association, University of Michigan Kickers Club, Traverse City, Michigan Chamber of Commerce (2009)
- Cisco Certified Design Associate (2001)
- Beeson Entrepreneurial Fellowship Award Winner (2003)
- Captain, University of Michigan Soccer Team, Team MVP, NSCA National Finalists (1996)
Information Technology Sales Executive with more than 10 years of proven success in providing hardware infrastructure and software applications that help businesses become more efficient and productive. Expertise in technologies such as Wireless LAN (WLAN) networking, unified communications, Interactive Voice Response (IVR), and contact center software. Demonstrated ability to cultivate professional relationships and exceed sales quotas. Motivated professional with excellent presentation skills, execution-focused experience and a drive to succeed.
- Strategic Planning
- Solution Selling
- Connecting People
- Problem Solving
- Channel Development
- Competitive Analysis
- Team Building
- Business Development
- ROI Analysis
- C-Level Presentations
2008 - 2009
Senior Account Manager
Managed a $12 million WLAN quota for a nine-state territory in Central Area U.S. Influenced a network of channel partners, system integrators, and account managers to ensure successful marketing of solutions. Collaborated with four internal teams of up to 50 specialists to provide wireless sales and product support to end-user sales teams, partners, and customers.
- Developed, communicated, and executed the 2008 Central Area U.S. go to market sales strategy for WLAN, Wireless Broadband (WiBB), and Wireless Security (Air Defense) product lines
- From 2007 to 2008, grew revenue by 6%, from $9.9 million to $10.5 million
- Was the number-two performing area out of ten in the North America and Latin America (NALA) theater
- Spearheaded and developed a channel program for wireless-focused resellers in the Region growing the "Go-To Partner" list from zero to five in 2008
- Built a cross-functional team to prospect, negotiate, and close the first 802.11n wireless infrastructure deal in the history of company at a health care facility, resulting in a press release, case study, customer reference, and $100,000 in bookings that positioned Motorola as the incumbent vendor for future hardware and application sales
- Sold Motorola hardware and software wireless infrastructure solutions such as 802.11 a/b/g/n WLAN, WiBB, Air Defense, Locationing, and Voice over Wi-Fi. Familiar with Motorola (formerly Symbol Technologies) mobile computers and scanners
2005 - 2008
Regional Sales Manager
$10 million communication software company that develops on Microsoft, Avaya, and Cisco platforms for Global 1000 clients. Product solutions focus on unified communications and speech recognition.
Led sales and marketing initiatives for a six-state territory in the Great Lakes U.S. Region.
- Number three out of seven peers closing $1.1 million of bookings in 2007
- Number two out of seven peers closing $1.4 million of bookings in 2006
- Met quota of $1 million bookings in 2005
- Orchestrated the 12-month sales cycle with the appropriate technical and business decision-makers to close a complex Microsoft Speech Server software application sale for Ford Motor in 2007
- Led to $100,000 of initial business and the potential for millions in cost savings for the client
- Managed closure of a multiyear complex software sale of a $500,000 password reset solution for Eli Lilly's 42,000 global employees in 2006
- Hunted, negotiated, and closed one of the largest Microsoft Speech Server 2004 deployments in Microsoft history for Cincinnati Bell's call center.
- Was the number-one Microsoft deal at Gold Systems for 2005
- Sold software applications with technologies such as Avaya Interactive Response and Voice Portal, Cisco Unified IP IVR and CVP, Microsoft Office Communication Server (OCS) 2007 and Exchange 2007 Unified Messaging, Nuance Network Speech
2004 - 2005
Cisco Channel Manager
Facilitated proprietary software OEM discussions with Cisco Contact Center Business Unit and developed key relationships with Cisco North American regional offices and channel partner community.
- Increased revenue in Cisco channel by 25% from 2003 to 2004 by providing value to the salesteam to help close key customers such as McKesson, County of San Diego, and the Montreal Transit Authority
2002 - 2004
Marketing consulting firm focused on business plan development and lead generation
Managed all aspects of this boutique business consulting firm, including prospecting, hiring employees, financial management, and project delivery.
- Increased wireless product sales for technology distributor by 10% over two quarters through targeted telemarketing campaign to wireless networking resellers across the U.S.
- Exceeded attendance expectations through targeted telemarketing campaign to Internet Protocol (IP) Telephony seminar for Avaya, Cisco, and Nortel Value Added Resellers (VAR)
1999 - 2002
World's leading specialty distributor of advanced network technology solutions
Managed a customer base of more than 60 resellers in California, Oregon, Washington, and Hawaii and consulted with them on data, voice, wireless networking, and Internet security needs.
- Exceeded yearly quota of $16 million and $10 million in 2000 and 2001 by 25% and 5%, respectively, by continually focusing on the customers' needs
- Named Employee of the Quarter in the spring of 2000