Take-charge, analytical management executive with Human Resources expertise in wide range of healthcare, non-profit and for-profit sectors. Compassionate, energetic, go-getter with concentrated proficiency in human resource management, compliance, and privacy. Inspired leadership with excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
Fishing in the Flint Hills with my sons.
Dates with my daughter.
Harley rides with my wife (married 23+ years)
Past Resident Artist with the Wichita Grand Opera (sang thirteen roles)
Experienced HR Executive who enjoys challenges seeking opportunity to learn and improve skills.
Jan 2011 - Present
Loyola University School of Law
Master of Jurisprudence in Healthcare Law (MJ) is a Masters program for Healthcare executives. This degree also includes the HCCA certification necessary for hospital compliance.
Oct 2009 - Sep 2011
American InterContinental University
Feb 2010 - Jul 2011
Executive Director of Human Resources
CHI/Central Kansas Medical Center
- Developed employee reward and recognition program improving morale and increasing employee satisfaction scores from the 37th percentile to the 83rd percentile in less than six months.
- Implemented specific retention strategies drastically lowering turnover from 49.6% to 19.7% in first ten months.
- Honed outdated turnaround strategies, incorporating updated policies and procedures lowering costs and increasing revenue.
- Authored first complete Employee Handbook in ten years during first three months of office.
- Directed RIF of over 130 professional staff when CKMC moved to strictly outpatient services and eliminated all inpatient care.
- Managed successful merge and restructuring of employee pay, benefits and severance during the acquisition of St. Joseph’s in Larned, KS.
- Spearheaded comprehensive compensation analysis and implementation resulting in increased revenue and employee retention.
2007 - 2010
Director of Human Resources
- Executed comprehensive benefits with employee premium and expanded deductible, eliminating $623,000 healthcare deficit of the company.
- Implemented first Employee Assistance Program for 300 employees to include mental health, drug and alcohol counseling.
- Tightened hiring policies and procedures for Physicians, RN’s, Paramedics, pilots, administration and dispatch cutting turnover by 24% annually.
- Authored first complete Employee Manual to include FAA regulations, Policies and Procedures for Medical Personnel, and CAMTS requirements for entire company during first four months of office.
- Successfully transitioned all HR functions during and after a buy-out with no adverse effects on the employees.
2005 - 2007
Environmental Services Supervisor
Two Gals and a Broom
- Carried out cleaning services on behalf of eleven office buildings and banks.
- Ordered and maintained cleaning materials and supplies as needed.
- Provided monthly time and mileage report based on job and duty activity.
2004 - 2005
Generalist/Business to Business Sales Coordinator
Wichita Grand Opera
- Oversee staffing and recruiting
- Managed staff of four in all aspects of box office operations.
- Generated revenue of $52,000 annually from business to business sales.
2003 - 2004
Bank of America
- Completed Six Sigma Greenbelt training.
- Assisted customers on refinancing home loans from $40,000 to $3.5 million.
- Worked with Mortgage Bankers to qualify first time home buyers.
2001 - 2003
Customer Service/Route Manager
- Raised customer satisfaction index to all time high of 91.3%.
- Enhanced sales from a 16.3% to a 27.9% profitability.