Assistant Vice President/network Manager
International Fidelity Insurance Company
Driven to create a long view strategic approach to support and improvements by designing solutions to resolve today’s problems but scale for tomorrow.
- Further virtualized the environment, consolidating and retiring 56 servers down to 14 physical servers
- Researched, recommended, purposed, architected, engineered and deployed a Hybrid Cloud, AWS WorkSpaces Cloud based Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) solution using Wyse Thin Clients, reducing 3 year expenditures and saving $638K over 3 years while adding end user disaster recovery capabilities.
- Deployed Cisco Unified Communications PBX, configured phones
- Researched, recommended, purposed, architected, and engineered a data consolidation plan to reduce operational complexities and costs using a Cloud based service Komprise for long term data archiving and storage.
- Researched, recommended, purposed, architected, engineered and deployed a Desktop patch management solution, GFI LanGuard. Deployed companywide.
- Redesigned and implemented DHCP split scopes to allow for additional redundancy and availability
- Upgraded Active Directory 2008 R2 domain to 2012 R2
- Deployed full disk encryption to the Enterprise using Microsoft BitLocker Administration and Monitoring (MBAM)
Improved patching automation by Configuring, Cluster aware updating (CAU)
- Improved deskside security via creation of GPO
- Improved failing 2012 R2 Hyper-V cluster by enabling additional NIC Teaming to segment traffic increase HA and greatly improved performance and reliability.
- Researched, recommended and implemented Dell EqualLogic PS6610 SAN Arrays.
- Provided mentoring and direction to Helpdesk staff.