Weather Decision Technologies
- Prepared a daily forecast blog highlighting hazardous weather across the country to potential customers. These blogs served as an impetus to drive consumers to mobile apps available for purchase.
- Assisted with data-mining projects by collecting data for the marketing department on potential clients. I collected data on how various sites (websites for television stations, radio stations, newspapers, etc.) used and displayed weather data statistics on website traffic.
- Prepared frontal analyses from ECMWF for clients and other products. I prepared these analyses for an oil company using in house model data and a computer program to plot the fronts.
- Prepared forecasts for utility and shipping companies. Prepared two daily forecasts for OG&E, including temperature, wind, and precipitation for the day ahead. I also prepared a brief forecast discussion for marine clients in the Bay of Campeche giving an overview of the weather conditions anticipated over the next five days.
- Wrote blogs on various features of meteorological phenomena observed by radar and rare events (derechos, thunder snow, lake effect snow, etc.) explaining how they form and the hazards that they produce.
- Managed accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn by providing links to news stories about current weather events. These social media accounts were used to share links to articles written by other news agencies and blogs written by WDT staff to highlight how WDT products may be useful in various weather situations.