Wine collecting, Biking, Music: Singing & Guitar
- VP for a Technology provider (services focus, with COTS products, integration and financing)
- Practice Leader/Director for a Consulting firm (payments sector leadership, client development)
- Managing Director for a Membership association (alliance creation, services development, board assistance)
Sales and Marketing Executive with more than 15 years experience collaborating with private sector and government clients on mutually profitable programs. Proven success resolving complex marketing and sales effectiveness issues for large to medium size organizations. Galvanized organizations to succeed by assembling many cross-functional teams and leading teams to drive revenue and increase client effectiveness.Expertise in capturing C-level commitments for sales and marketing programs, complex business agreements and process improvements that increase market share profitably.
Results-oriented, self-motivated, honest, creative problem solver.
Director, Public Sector
Federal marketplace development focused on increased co-brand share, improved overall program performance, and increasing payment penetration and vendor acceptance.
- Directed contract growth of the GSA SmartPayTM program involving three top 10 Visa issuers. Effectively generating 25% of U.S. commercial sales with a 76% market share.
- Managed payment card acceptance contracts with U.S. Treasury as well as two member financial institutions achieving 23% annual growth with 90% client penetration.
- Led a review of client procurement processes; recommended strategies yielding up to 40% cost reduction per buy-side action. Clients include:
- Department of Defense: Net savings $150 per micro-purchase
- Social Security Administration: Net savings $85 per micro-purchase
- Established business case for unique interchange pricing for large dollar transactions.
- Launched POS marketing preference program with USPS resulting in a 3% payment share shift.
- Secured USPS Pro-cycling sponsorship 2yr investment: $2.5M.
Secured company brand share, acquire new affinity customers, and managed portfolio performance.
- Created ongoing oversight of account performance implementing an EIS-based dashboard reflecting actual key metrics versus planned goals.
- Developed and maintained client focused presentation materials.
- Executed co-brand card portfolio segment marketing projects at the lowest cost for a top Visa issuer with activities related to customer acquisition, activation, on-going usage and profitability.
- Frequency driven spend & get programs delivered 2% incremental revenue
- Coordinated new product development, marketing support, industry compliance and contract negotiations between client and internal stakeholders.
- Led a team launching new products and form factors including chip and mini cards expanding offerings to households. Resulting in improved product performance and 6% lift in incremental revenue.
- Worked with key internal and client-side stakeholders to achieve issuing brand commitment at 55% of portfolio, resulting in a revenue increase of 22%.
May 2010 - Present
Group Head Commercial Card Sales & Relationship Management
Lead commercial card sales and client management for state & local government, higher education and non-profit sectors. Responsible for new product sales, revenue generation and existing client program optimization through strategic planning, opportunity assessment and expansion services deployment.
Nov 2009 - Apr 2010
Vice President-Business Development
Responsible for new channel sales & revenue creation through strategic planning, opportunity assessment and program execution.Efforts drive negotiation and capture of partnership arrangements focused on growth of profitable revenue for trade associations, financial institutions and COTS software providers.
Oct 1997 - Mar 2009
Senior Sales Director, Client Relations
Drove revenues through sales volume growth, brand management, as well as contribution margin and profitability performance.Efforts reflect executing marketing promotions, managing client security compliance, and negotiating partnership agreements.
- Defined account sales strategies setting goals with product mix analysis and projections delivering recommendations yielding an 11% increase in new business.
- Led a team to Identify potential business issues by establishing periodic financial review/sales analysis of top clients as it relates to corporate business plan and profitability targets to improve margin growth by 3%.
- Collaborated with marketing and product stakeholders in formulating partnership budget plans and success metrics value in kind support exceeded $5M.
- Negotiated and secured a multi-tiered partnership agreements valued at $40M which improved customer satisfaction, streamlined back-office operations and maintained price and yield. Clients include:
- JC Penney, ExxonMobil, AutoZone, PetSmart
- Leveraged partnership arrangements to further corporate marketing objectives through implementation of proprietary loyalty programs directed to cardholder segments. Programs impacted:
- Renewal of NASCAR co-brand portfolio 100% Visa
- 5% share shift of National Education Association portfolio
- Extended Visa product placement with deployment of Signature Rewards to targeted affluent households through collaboration with internal departments and client-side management.
- Secured new issuance of Merrill Lynch Signature Rewards program; recognized as the fastest growing EMOB program: Net conversion exceeded 3.5%