Spending time with family and friends, traveling, sports, skiing, golfing, sailing, concerts, movies.
My name is David Merriman and I'm a senior at Ithaca College where I am a Business Administration major with concentrations in finance and management with a minor in economics. Strong analytical, leadership and quantitative skills are some of my most beneficial characteristics. Through my business, finance, and economic courses, I have developed strong proficiency in these areas and look forward to the opportunity to further cultivate my ability through a challenging and rigorous professional experience. My interest in business reflects my commitment to maximizing the potential of every opportunity, but it is my academic achievements, intellectual capital, previous employment experiences , and character that make me a worthy candidate for any position. I am confident that I can apply the same skills that have made me successful in my previous educational, extracurricular and career pursuits as I begin my professional journey.
Jan 2011 - Present
- Worked directly with CFO in the creation of 3-5 plan which outlined future of the charity, including current and future strategic direction, obtaining a commercial prospective, the future of volunteering, specially income generation, potential opportunities, and modernizing the company image and objective.
- Assist Chief Executive and other senior management with policy development, lobby, marketing & communications, fund-raising, event management, administration and staff management.
- Partnered with CEO to refine and deliver work that progresses the vision and mission of charity for the 27,000 Attend members, £100 million annual budget, and over 700 member charities across the United Kingdom.
- Contributed to the development of ABI vision, which provides assessment training and development programs to enable people with brain injuries to contribute more fully to society.
Aug 2011 - Present
- Analyzed mutual funds, equities, municipal bonds, currencies, and various other investment vehicles to assist in the creation of asset allocation strategies customized for individual client’s objectives.
- Improved wealth management skills by gaining a better understanding of how to meet specific client goals based on individual risk allocation strategies, time horizons, relationship building, client interaction, and financial planning.
- Acquired knowledge of compliance regulations, forecasting, interpreting financial data, and valuation skills.
May 2011 - Aug 2011
- Finished 1st of 102 interns in stock simulation with return of 18.42% compared to the DJIA of (-5.40)%, S & P of (-4.32)%, and NASDAQ of (-5.40)% while maintaining low risk exposure, a diversified portfolio, and strategic positioning for long-term profitability. (from dates 5/26/11 - 8/2/11)
- Exposed to Merrill Lynch financial advisers in their day-to-day dealings with clients, prospective clients, management, compliance, research, external partners, and investment bankers.
- Gained real-world experience at Merrill Lynch’s flagship office in lower Manhattan, with its close proximity to Wall Street, research personnel, I was fortunate enough to gain a unique prospective on financial markets and industry trends.
- Aided in client portfolio reviews, market research, and marketing campaigns.
- Reviewed and research historical stock prices, bond market, and calculate cost basis for stock prices.
- Constructed client based portfolio based on risk tolerance, time preferences, and individual client needs.
May 2010 - Aug 2011
- Established historic legal decision bank for judges to refer to statewide when rendering decisions.
- Gained real-world legal experience through daily cases and appeal board hearings.
- Studied directly under Senior Administrative Law Judge Marjorie Z. Olds and completed a tremendous amount of legal research.
Aug 2003 - Aug 2008
Carrier Dome Operations/Student Manager
- Managed stadium conversions to accommodate required for basketball and football games.
- Entertain and assist high profile alumni, media members, boosters, trustees, professional athletes, celebrities, etc. throughout their experience at the Carrier Dome.
- Worked with audio and visual production for Syracuse University Television, ESPN, and Time Warner Sports during all athletes events, concerts, etc.