Extensive history creating new methods to analyze business challenges and opportunities. Experience advising business leaders making multi-million dollar investment decisions. Demonstrated success building and managing a team of analysts. Industry leading analysis resulting in invitations to speak at numerous national conferences. Adept at managing multiple projects and shifting priorities. Champion of change.• Creative Problem Solver
• Excellent Written & Oral Communication
• Team Building & Management
• Market and Financial Analysis
• Industry Leading Analysis SELECTED CONTRIBUTIONS Creative Problem Solver:
• Continuously searching for better and more efficient methods to accomplish goals. Created a method to efficiently and accurately forecast long-term investment potential for multifamily investments exceeding $600 million per year and located throughout the United States.
• Exceptional talent finding patterns and creating conclusions from seemingly disparate forms of data. Called upon by CEO to create a reasonable method to establish risk-adjusted individual capitalization rates for a portfolio of 231 multifamily properties within 140 different markets in 35 different States. Given less than 3 days to establish the method and present it to an executive committee.
• Enjoy working through data-driven scenarios to establish solutions. Created an allocation formula for the Emergency Food and Shelter Program to objectively distribute $2.5 million in annual assistance to Ohio counties.
Excellent Written and Oral Communication:
• Experience writing and editing hundreds of analytical reports. I have also written for a trade journal. I have created a wide variety of templates used by team members to analyze and present investment opportunities. I can share samples upon request.
• Adept at presenting information, both to small and large groups. I have been involved in hundreds of presentations to executive groups and have been asked to speak at numerous conferences. Sample of Presentations at Industry Events:
o 2007 Conference of Preserving Affordable Housing hosted by JP Morgan Chase, Market Research for Apartmentso 2006 Texas Association of Affordable Housing Providers, Market Analysis and Trendso 2006 Annual Meeting for the National Housing and Rehabilitation Association, Rehab Costs and Marketabilityo 2005 National Council of Affordable Housing Market Analysts, Case Studies of Failed Market Studies
Team Building and Management:
• I built a team of 10 analysts within a large organization that had initially planned to have only 3 people in the group. The team grew because we continually found new ways to improve our product and add value to the organization. I focused on identifying and building the key strengths for each member of the team so that everyone was contributing to our success.
• Coaching youth sports is one of my passions. I greatly enjoy watching young individuals build skills and improve as each season progresses. I coach baseball and football and I have worked as an assistant hockey coach.