Sr Java Lead Developer
Discover Financial Services (Diners Club International)
Discover is working with Apple, Google, Samsung, Amazon, Microsoft for the flagship Projects – ApplePay, AndroidPay, SamsungPay, Amazon Card on File, Microsoft Fitbit etc. so that Discover Payment Network customers can make contactless payments using their mobile phones, wearable devices etc at Merchant terminals.
- Hands on core development, unit/integration testing for various e-wallets projects in the program using latest java based technology stack.
- Leading a 8-member team at Discover Financial Services (Onsite + Offshore).
- Active contribution in design & development of Provisioning and Notification REST APIs for e-wallets.
- Created stub-services framework to mock downstream systems to speed up the unit and integration testing.
- In addition to regular daily development activities, attended scrum meetings with Product Owners / Managers & Scrum Master to bridge gaps between development team and Business/Functional requirements.
- Review Pull Requests from team members and check for code issues, coverage, sonar issues, security, logging etc
- Helped translate the High-level business requirements (User Stories) into low-level technical specifications/tasks for the Team for most of the Sprints.
- Involved in estimating/story pointing the defined User Stories and tasks breakdown. Kick-off sessions for the team in the beginning of each Sprint / Retrospectives.
- Contribution in Design/Implementation of Cucumber acceptance test framework for the e-wallets.
- Provided ongoing support for Internal/external Test teams/UAT during all the phases of the wallets.
- Rotation based Production Support (24*7), Actively resolved Production defects in quicker time.
- Significant contribution in Production Deployments, non-Prod environment deployments/setup (before automated deployments using CI/CD).
- Batch job development using Spring Batch for various reports for wallets and Issuers, bulk updates offline processing for Issuers.
- Established technical standards to achieve consistency, quality, maintainability, and productivity.
- Helped establish agile practices like Test driven development, continuous integration/deployments, and scrum.
- Played an anchor role in the successful delivery of Notifications Components (For real-time ApplePay / AndroidPay Transaction Notifications to Customers and processing Customer Service Messages from Issuers).