Community Development Director
City of Edgewood, WA
Duties and Responsibilities
• Serve the City of Edgewood as an integral member of the City's executive leadership team by planning, organizing, and directing the functions of the Community Development Department that is comprised of 8 employees (nearly half of the entire organization’s total 17.43 FTEs).
• Oversight responsibilities include current planning; long-range planning; code enforcement; development review; building inspections; SEPA environmental compliance; and City implementation of the state’s GMA goals.
• Staff liaison for the Planning Commission and Economic Development Advisory Board.
• Provide administrative guidance to other staff members to help ensure the City’s goals and objectives are achieved in a timely and professional manner
• Supply the Mayor (Chief Executive) and the City Council with accurate and timely information to support decision-making and policy direction.
• Led City Council through strategic planning exercises to refocus the City's mission, which resulted in a new vision statement and the setting of goals and objectives for the entire organization.
• Executed and manage multiple on-call city contracts to ensure the daily operations necessary to run the City are not left unattended due to limited in-house staffing.
• Developed and implemented an employee succession plan.
• Partnered with a customer analytics company to deliver quality economic development, retail recruitment, and business retention programs to the citizens of Edgewood.