Director of Planning
City of Waxahachie, TX
The Planning and Zoning Department serves as the initial point of contact for land development projects. Planning’s collaboration with multiple departments allows for easier access to all of the City’s development services. The Department provides residents and developers with a one-stop destination for all the key functions related to the development review process.
By helping the city envision its future and find the balance between new development and essential services, environmental protection, and innovative change; the Planning and Zoning Department provides the big picture and relates each project to various goals and guidelines in order to achieve a final project that meets the needs of the community.
Through implementation and oversight of the Comprehensive Plan, Zoning Ordinance, and Subdivision Regulations; the Planning and Zoning Department helps the City accomplish the following goals:
1. Efficient delivery of public services;
2. Coordination of public and private investment;
3. Minimization of potential conflicts between land uses;
4. Management of growth in an orderly manner;
5. Cost-effective public investments; and
6. A rational basis for making decisions about the community.