6th Grade Basic Skills Teacher
Atlantic City Board of Education
1) Identifies students with substantial academic deficiencies by evaluation of available test and observational data, by consultation with staff members, and by recommendations made by other personnel.
2) Uses appropriate standardized test instruments, informal diagnostic tasks, and observations to assess the academic strengths and weaknesses of students referred for services.
3) All duties and tasks associated with being School Test Coordinator. Instructional Planning
4) Develop instructional goals and specific instructional objectives for each student selected for remedial teaching.
5) Selects appropriate instructional materials and media to achieve the goals and objectives specified for each student under his/her care.
6) Properly groups students for remedial instruction after consideration of the learning style and level of academic functioning of each student.
7) Prepares for classes assigned and shows evidence of preparation upon request of administrative and supervisory personnel.
8) Participates with other staff members in curriculum planning during designated meetings.
9) Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect supplies, equipment, materials, and facilities needed to implement effectively the planned instructional program.
10) Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.