Senior Management Executive with deep experience and demonstrated success in Business Development, Marketing, General Management, National Accounts, and Operations. Excels in developing strategic plans to accelerate new market opportunities. A proven track record of strong revenue, margin, and profit growth. A hands-on leader who exhibits exceptional success in building and shaping teams with a focus on the goals and objectives. Marketing experience includes oversight for all vertical functions. General Management experience includes oversight for a National Direct Distribution Contract Service business with over $100M in sales. A strategic thinker with excellent leadership, organizational, interpersonal, and change management skills necessary to drive business.
Apr 2009 - Present
General Management Executive
Open to Opportunities
General Management Executive - Open to new opportunities.American Woodmark Corporation, based in Winchester, VA is the largest independent provider of kitchen and bath cabinetry in the US. Tenure, which spanned from 1980 to 2009, covered company start-up, going public, to becoming a world class growth company. Revenue grew from $37M to over $900M. Anchored in the the Timberlake brand from pre-launch and launch in 1990, through evolution and maturity,reaching a peak of $350M in total revenue.
Nov 2005 - Apr 2009
Vice President - Marketing
Complete Marketing oversight for the Timberlake Brand including strategy, brand image, product development, pricing, marketing agreements, product/service platform positioning, marketing communications collateral, and market research. Reorganized marketing function; built marketing team with collaborative dotted line relationships with product management, market research, marketing communications, and technical marketing.
- Repositioned the Timberlake brand; reorganized the product line into 3 distinct series differentiated by product features, upgraded all collateral materials to include new messaging/imagery, and introduced multiple new products generating $3M/mo.in new sales. Success of the brand repositioning garnered a President's Award.
- Established price/policyprocedure for the Direct Channel that led to substantial improvement in pricing and product margins and earned a President's Award. Over time, achieved a 7.5% increase in avg. price realized, 5.5 point improvement in product margins, and 23.2% increase in take/unit.
- Participated as member of an executive level "New Business Model" team whose actions, over time, led to a profit improvement from breakeven to a 5% after-tax profit for the channel.
- Drove numerous executive level product/service teams from concept to launch whose success had a sigificant impact on the business plan.
- Recalibrated customer targeting strategy by refining market segmentation and identifying accounts with higher margin potential. Retrained the sales organization and enabled customer selection that led to a substantial reduction in low margin revenue from 33% to less than 20% of total revenue.
- Team Leader for cross functional Green Marketing team that developed tactics to more effectively position the Timberlake Brand in the industry's Green Building movement. Integrated Timberlake's Green messsaging in trade advertising and PR, and developed marketing/merchandising collateral support materials.