LATIN AMERICAN MARKETING & BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT EXECUTIVE
International Business Savvy - Product Marketing – Branding - Strategic Planning -International Territory Management - Team Leadership - Advertising Sponsorships -Prepaid Products - Credit & Debit Consumer Products - Corporate Products - Strategic Planning -Business Statistics - Project Management - Conflict resolution - Continuous Process Improvement Management – Higher Education
EXECUTIVE BIOGRAPHY - DANNY PEASE
Mr. Daniel Pease an innovative Businessman, Sales, Marketing and Business Development Strategist for the Latin American marketplace. Mr. Pease has blazed unprecedented trails of success in the highly competitive Financial Services, Payment Systems, and Education markets, achieving record-setting numbers that both peers and competitors strived to achieve. Continually identifying revenue-generating opportunities, he is an expert at maximizing bottom-line profitability, while building high-performing teams and expanding relationships in multiple Latin American countries. Mr. Pease served as a member of the Executive team of the Latin America divisions of global financial companies such as Discover Financial Services and MasterCard International. He also served as the President and Chief Executive Officer for the Americas at Edinburgh Business School, the second largest distance learning university where he negotiated several partner alliances with other Universities and consulted with corporations in assisting them with the Edinburgh Business School programs, tailoring training programs to the company’s learning and development long term objectives. Mr. Pease’s education and academics is stellar. He has his Masters in Quality & Statistics, from the University of Miami; Bachelor of Economics, University of Miami, and is certified in Total Quality Management Systems. He is a certified Continuous Process Improvement Consultant, and has been qualified to administer the Myers-Briggs type indicator.
In addition, he served as a Senior Advisor for the Latin America Board of Directors, MasterCard International. He was also Chairperson, Business Development Advisory Council, MasterCard International, and an active participant in the Global Diversity Council, for MasterCard International. Over the course of his career he has built strong relationships with the Latin America & Caribbean banking, finance, and education communities. His career path is one that has been both exciting and dynamic as he is continuing to strive for excellence in everything he does. His leadership as an executive consultant for Discover Financial Services helped drive the expansion of their Latin American business, resulting inmajor financial institutions accepting Discover cards, Diners Club International, and Pulse brands by their merchants and proprietary ATMs. This resulted in adding more than 80,000 ATMs within 2 years with financial institutions and networks across 20 Latin America countries.
As the SVP, of Business Development, Marketing & Strategic Planning for MasterCard International, Mr. Pease produced over $5 Million in worldwide sales in 2 years by the creation, marketing, presentation, and implementation of the world’s first non-rectangular credit card. In addition he grew the Mexican merchants’ MasterCard preference and acceptance from 35% to 75% over 2 years by identifying high sales-volume businesses; this effort coupled with other initiatives had a direct impact on overall market share. Mr. Pease was selected to represent Latin America on a task force to develop new medium and long-range global debit strategies and eliminate confusion across markets and regions. He unified multiple strategies into the MasterCard brand and made advertising much more robust and efficient. He received the Latin America EFFIE Grand Prix Award for advertising effectiveness for Soccer World Cup promotions by collaborating in the creation of a special TV spot and campaign featuring Pele, that launched 1 Million cards during the Cup, generated more than $350,000 in donations to UNICEF, and increased brand awareness over 5% in key markets.During his career Mr. Pease has negotiated high level Sponsorship properties as well as the acquisition of card portfolios.
Mr. Pease’s career began in the financial services industry with American Express as a Management Intern, Training Specialist, New Accounts Leader, Establishment Services Leader, and as Senior Quality Consultant where he coordinated and conducted Total Quality Management methodology training within core business units.Earlier in his career he designed and facilitated courses such as A.E.Q.L. Leadership, Continuous Process Improvement, Leadership, Team Training, & Statistical Process Controls. Mr. Pease is most passionate about helping a team of people achieve things which were never achieved before. He is described as a leader with a remarkable history solving problems in the workplace and creating innovative ways and methods of doing things that require thinking outside of the box and continuously strives to achieve and excel towards any challenge which is presented to him. Mr. Pease has the exceptional ability to lead under high pressure, offering solid brand-building, business development, strategic planning and competitive positioning abilities, complimented by a proven record to deliver innovative market strategies to meet organizational objectives. His mentoring, teaching, and training of teams, as well as being an outstanding speaker and presenter, Mr. Pease believes there is nothing better than achieving a team common objective and to develop his people to believe in themselves, which brings the unit closer together, being built on respect, trust and mutual understanding that together everyone accomplishes more.
CAREER HIGHLIGHTS - SUCCESSES - ACHIEVEMENTS - ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Top performing Financial Products Marketing and Business Development Executive with a history of setting new standards for performance, sales, and success in North America, and the unique Latin American marketplace. Consummate business developer who aggressively drives unprecedented business growth with clear-sighted ability to identify and resolve gaps in processes; recognized for outstanding relationship management abilities that support exceptional levels of sales performance and superb customer service. Charismatic, articulate and persuasive; clear communicator and trusted advisor. Passionate to create and communicate corporate vision to full potential, resulting in bottom line profits and organizational excellence.Bi-Lingual Spanish and English, studying Portuguese
- Big–picture vision, leadership and tenacity to successfully drive Latin American business to expand reach by engaging major financial institutions to accept Discover card, Diners Club International, and Pulse brands by their merchants and proprietary ATMs. Added more than 80K ATMs over 2 years by developing partnerships with financial institutions and acceptance networks across 20 Latin America countries.
- As CEO of Edinburgh Business School, added 500 new MBA students in Latin America +by providing marketing direction to regional offices in Venezuela, Mexico, Colombia, Dominican Republic, and an alliance in Argentina. Grew YOY student sales more than 50% and achieved over 20% year-over-year enrollment growth.
- Produced $5 Million in worldwide sales over 2 years by spearheading ideation, marketing, presentation, and implementation of world’s first non-rectangular credit card. Visionary Senior Vice President of Business Development for MasterCard International serving multiple roles as senior advisor to the president, Co-General Manager of Mexican market, and CMO for Latin America and Caribbean regions.
- Drove business growth to the highest levels of performance through innovative marketing, strategic planning, and product development with an over 90 member team and $40 Million annual budget.
- Increased market share for consumers using MasterCard in Mexican market from 38% to 67% over 3 years by using performance-based incentives to close agreements with 4 key banks, working with top 15 merchants to create brand preference, and targeting marketing to consumers with assistance from banks and merchants.
- Selected to represent Latin America on task force to develop new medium and long-range global debit strategy to eliminate confusion across markets and regions. Unified multiple strategies into the MasterCard brand gradually with added functionality to minimize brand dilution and make advertising more robust and efficient.
- Received Latin America Grand Prix 2002 Award for Advertising Effectiveness for Soccer World Cup promotion by collaborating in creation of special TV spot and campaign featuring Pele that launched 1M+ cards during the Cup, generated more than $350K in donations to UNICEF, and increased brand awareness 5% in key markets.