Senior Project Manager
Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc.
Manage implementation of MMC Operating Company applications in strategic Data Centers.
- To support the Company’s restructuring initiative, installation of a new Citrix farm and application installation was required.Managed the project to implement Citrix servers using updated technology and application installation methodsResult:By managing this project involving both Marsh IT and Corporate (MGTI) resources, completed the project by the sponsor’s aggressive deadline, allowing the restructuring project to proceed on schedule.
- As the North America Project Management interface to Marsh IT, initiated activities to improve communications and operating processes between the two IT groups.Activities included coordinating Project Management functions, onsite visits to understand Business Line operations and IT responsibilities and improve working relationships among Corporate and Marsh IT groups.RESULT:Successfully managed the first project involving combined efforts between Marsh US Consumer IT and MGTI , established the process for reviewing Marsh project proposals and improved the MGTI Engagement process documentation process, clarifying project goals.
- As part of the company’s Diversity initiative, became Co-Leader of the Marsh LGBT ERG.Activities have included preparing a proposal (approved by President of Marsh North America) to have Marsh become an NGLCCNY Corporate Sponsor, participation with other company ERGs and strategic plan development for Marsh LGBT ERG.RESULTS:Sales support resulted in the first new LGBT client who is in a position of recommending Marsh and opening the LGBT market as a new revenue source.Recognition of the LGBT ERGs being leaders in Company initiatives due to cross Operating Company communication, successfully mentored an LGBT colleague to manage a cross OpCo LGBT ERG Volunteer Day, enhanced cross OpCo revenue opportunities by sharing Business Line Manager presentations in LGBT meetings and publicized the company’s LGBT initiatives by leading involvement in NGLCCNY’s Corporate ERG Roundtable.
- In conjunctions with the Company’s Diversity and Corporate Responsibility initiatives, led the Team coordinating company sponsored AIDS Walks across the US and Canada.The goal of the initiative is to increase the number of participating locations, participants and funds raised.RESULT:Increased the number of participating locations by 100%, increased funds raised to date of 10%.
- To better manage Operating Company related project, reviewed the Project Management process used within the Business portfolio, adding templates, defining processes and eliminating requirements that had no benefit. Result: Use of the revised process has helped Project Managers to better compile project requirements, decreasing implementation delays and changes during the implementation phase.
- To meet Internal Audit requirements, managed a project with Marsh US Consumer to create a disaster recovery plan based on their RTO / RPO. The process included creating a team of infrastructure engineers to evaluate options and create a design, DR process and implementation budget. Result: Management of the business unit has accepted the plan and is beginning the implementation process.