Dedicated, analytical, and responsive IT IMPLEMENTATION / FINANCIAL MANAGER with a proven record of success. Creative and persistent problem solver, who thrives on challenges, is calm under pressure and gets the job done. Bright, versatile, and resourceful team builder who possesses outstanding interpersonal and excellent communication skills. Hands-on / empowering leader and motivator, organized and thorough planner, and win/win negotiator dealing effectively across all levels of the organization. Accustomed to a fast pace and multiple projects, fulfills priorities and meets deadlines while maintaining a strong business focus, delivering high quality service and outstanding customer satisfaction.
Jul 2007 - Present
Senior Project Manager
Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc.
Manage implementation of MMC Operating Company applications in strategic Data Centers.
- To support the Company’s restructuring initiative, installation of a new Citrix farm and application installation was required.Managed the project to implement Citrix servers using updated technology and application installation methodsResult:By managing this project involving both Marsh IT and Corporate (MGTI) resources, completed the project by the sponsor’s aggressive deadline, allowing the restructuring project to proceed on schedule.
- As the North America Project Management interface to Marsh IT, initiated activities to improve communications and operating processes between the two IT groups.Activities included coordinating Project Management functions, onsite visits to understand Business Line operations and IT responsibilities and improve working relationships among Corporate and Marsh IT groups.RESULT:Successfully managed the first project involving combined efforts between Marsh US Consumer IT and MGTI , established the process for reviewing Marsh project proposals and improved the MGTI Engagement process documentation process, clarifying project goals.
- As part of the company’s Diversity initiative, became Co-Leader of the Marsh LGBT ERG.Activities have included preparing a proposal (approved by President of Marsh North America) to have Marsh become an NGLCCNY Corporate Sponsor, participation with other company ERGs and strategic plan development for Marsh LGBT ERG.RESULTS:Sales support resulted in the first new LGBT client who is in a position of recommending Marsh and opening the LGBT market as a new revenue source.Recognition of the LGBT ERGs being leaders in Company initiatives due to cross Operating Company communication, successfully mentored an LGBT colleague to manage a cross OpCo LGBT ERG Volunteer Day, enhanced cross OpCo revenue opportunities by sharing Business Line Manager presentations in LGBT meetings and publicized the company’s LGBT initiatives by leading involvement in NGLCCNY’s Corporate ERG Roundtable.
- In conjunctions with the Company’s Diversity and Corporate Responsibility initiatives, led the Team coordinating company sponsored AIDS Walks across the US and Canada.The goal of the initiative is to increase the number of participating locations, participants and funds raised.RESULT:Increased the number of participating locations by 100%, increased funds raised to date of 10%.
- To better manage Operating Company related project, reviewed the Project Management process used within the Business portfolio, adding templates, defining processes and eliminating requirements that had no benefit. Result: Use of the revised process has helped Project Managers to better compile project requirements, decreasing implementation delays and changes during the implementation phase.
- To meet Internal Audit requirements, managed a project with Marsh US Consumer to create a disaster recovery plan based on their RTO / RPO. The process included creating a team of infrastructure engineers to evaluate options and create a design, DR process and implementation budget. Result: Management of the business unit has accepted the plan and is beginning the implementation process.
Jan 2007 - Jun 2007
Hitachi Data Systems
Manage HDS solution implementations for various US based clients.
- To manage a hardware, software and services implementation for a challenging customer, used Project Management principles to coordinate activities of technicians, third party sales and support personnel, and customer resources to insure success of the project. Result: Resolved numerous implementation issues and decreased frustration for a new HDS customer. The project represented revenue of $1.4 million and led to additional sales of hardware and services.
- In order to assure success of an implementation for a high profile HDS customer, managed the activities of HDS and a third party provider to implement a strategic solution for this customer. Result: Using Project Management methodology and working within a matrix management environment coordinated the activities of HDS, third party vendor and customer to successfully implement solution and led to sale of additional HDS services
2005 - 2006
Hurley Consulting Associaties, Inc.
Hired to improve the financial accountability of client project management. Direct one employee and report to the Chief Financial Officer.
- To monitor, track and troubleshoot ongoing work on client projects, created and implemented standard Project Management practices based on PMI’s PMBoK. Result: Client reports delivery time cut 30%, internal costs decreased, company cash flow improved and satisfied clients provided additional work for company.
- To control project costs and improve margins, created budgetary and time based metrics for various client projects that were used as the basis of costing new client work. Result: Cut proposal preparation time by 50% and significantly increased cash flow.
- To develop internal talent, created individual training classes and researched Education Providers and courses for Project Management instruction. Result: Subordinate attended a CAPM preparatory class and is studying for CAPM certification.
2002 - 2005
DM Consulting Associates
DM Consulting Associates is a start-up firm specializing in business improvement through the better integration of technology. Clients included Advus, Ardis Travel, Rutherford Holdings, Cruiselink, MMS Group, Stern Fragrances, Pelangi Events.
- To strengthen financial reporting for a small real estate holding company, implemented the Company’s first computerized financial system. Automated A/R, cash receipts & disbursements, intercompany transactions and tax reporting. Result: Accurately defined profitability and tax reporting requirements; eliminated all tax penalties.
- To add efficiency to a firm’s organization, created and maintained a website that enabled customers to purchase services online. Result: Company’s sales revenue increased by 20%.
- To improve PMINYC marketing and communication programs, organized a program of all Board Members to present details of their programs to new and potential members. Result: Member satisfaction improved leading to an increase in volunteers within the organization.
2000 - 2002
Project Manager / Sales Engineer
Hired to provide technical support to sales staff nationwide. Supported sales staff by analyzing customer business, technology and support environments. Based on analysis, developed cost effective sales proposals. Implemented customer solutions using CenterBeam’s IT managed technology solution, providing 24/7 IT support. Reported to Vice President of Sales.
- To close a key account/investor, analyzed client’s current IT support system and identified “pain points.” Assisted in developing a comprehensive sales proposal and provided technical support for the sales presentation. Result: Closed sale worth $2.5 million.
- To implement CenterBeam’s hardware and software solution at high visibility, key account, interfaced with client to manage implementation at three geographically remote sites nationwide. Converted data to new system and troubleshot conversion and post-implementation operational issues. Result: Conversions successfully completed without any business interruptions; office manager expressed a high level of satisfaction; project led to additional service purchase worth $525,000.
- To support new customers, designed and presented an 8-hour Lotus Notes/Domino Training program. Also designed and wrote a comprehensive Notes /Domino Configuration & Support Training manual. Result: company satisfied the client requirements of an IT magazine publisher; generated extensive free PR.
1995 - 2000
Consultant - Marsh, Chase
- To combine offices of two merged companies, managed the office combination of Marsh / Johnson and Higgins offices in the Southwest region. Result: $5.5 million project completed on schedule & within budget; replaced 67% of user PC’s, implemented new operating system and office automation programs. Received feedback from Support Personnel stating “this was the easiest move I’ve ever experienced” and “you were the glue that held this project together.”
- To track project status and compile a repository of problem resolutions for the real estate and IT mergers between Marsh and J & H nationwide, designed, wrote and implemented Notes database while interfacing with 15 regional representatives. Result: achieved significant savings while reducing problem resolution effort and duplication; strengthened documentation.
- At Chase, to combine common operating department functions between Chase and Chemical Bank, implement new corporate IT standards related to major consolidation, interviewed department heads and identified all IT needs. Developed comprehensive plan to manage department consolidations, implemented revised IT standards, and text and troubleshot connectivity issues. Result: after move, departments fully operational within 8 hours; received numerous commendations.
1984 - 1995
Director of Information Technology / Tax Services Consultant
Director of Information Technology - 1989 to 1995.Managed office IT support group including implementing local area network, upgrading three phone systems and providing support for all IT systems in the PW national office in New York City. Managed 2 professionals and 4 support staffers, $3 million budget and reported to the Office Managing Partner.Tax Services Consultant, Toledo, OH - 1984 to 1989.
Sep 1977 - Dec 1978
Bowling Green State University
Sep 1973 - Apr 1976
Earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting slightly less than three years, graduating Magna Cum Laude. Was a finalist for the Wall Street Journal Award, the premier academic award of the institution.