Editor, journalist and published author. The Guardian, BBC, Time Out, The Times, Blue Guides.
Writing, film making, swimming, football and the arts.
- Played a key role in the relaunch of the art/shop/eat series which covers art, architecture, history, gastronomy, fashion and retail in specific European cities.
- Author of the Rome edition of Blue Guides’ art/shop/eat.
- Working from Blue Guides’ archive, developed excellent research skills.
Jun 2005 - Present
My assignments have included work as an editor, writer and radio journalist for BBC 5 Live, Oxford University Press, HBO, the Manchester Evening News, business website Merger Markets and several Guardian group newspapers. I also produced and presented a current affairs show on Tilos Radio and devised, wrote and directed the satirical comedy show Brainspill that was performed at the Merlin Theatre, Budapest in December 2010.
Jan 2009 - Present
- Interviewed artists, photographers, museum directors and archivists.
- Covered major artistic events in Budapest, including a major retrospective of artist Anton Corbijn at the Ludwig Museum, slam poetry events, a mixed media art-house film launch, The Night of The Museums, and The Annual Press Photo Exhibition.
- Reported on changing social political situations such as the campaign to stop the demolition of the Roma Parliament building.
Feb 2006 - Jan 2012
- Writer and editor for Hungary’s leading English-language news agency, covering a whole election cycle plus two elections, Hungary’s presidency of the EU, the red sludge environmental disaster and anti-government riots and protests, amongst many other major stories.
- Led a team of experts, producing stories on politics, economics, corporate news, foreign relations and culture to daily deadlines.
- Subscribers included Reuters, The Financial Times, embassies and numerous blue chip companies.
May 2008 - Jun 2010
Culture Correspondent, Regional News Editor, Sub Editor
- As the newspaper’s main cultural correspondent, arranged and conducted interviews with authors, artists and cultural directors (for example Nick Danziger, Tibor Fischer and Zsolt Petrányi).
- Sub-edited entire newspaper each week.
- Oversaw regional news section, liaising and sharing content with other members of the New Europe group of English-language newspapers (The Krakow Post, The Kyiv Post, The Baltic Times, The Sofia Echo, The Slovak Spectator and The Prague Post).
Sep 1996 - Jun 1997
Post Graduate Diploma In Newspaper Journalism
Studied news writing, sub-editing, advanced writing styles for features and specialist reporting, shorthand, ethical practice, public administration and journalistic law.