Development professional with 14 years of experience. Emphasis is on campaign management, data-analysis, strategic planning, and oversight of large-scale individual giving campaigns.
- Resource Development
- Social Action
- Social Justice
- The Arts
- Social Media
To utilize my extensive experience in the field of Resource Development to enable a worthwhile organization to successfully achieve its fundraising goals and objectives.
2009 - Present
Director of Development
- Re-designed and re-launched full-time fundraising program for Ahavath Achim, one of the largest and most historic congregations in the southeast
- Launched and on-target to achieve largest Annual Campaign in 120-year Synagogue history, $500,000
- Established multiple lay leader committees and works directly with lay leadership on all major campaigns.
- Successfully oversaw organization’s largest ever special event ($120,000).On track to eclipse that record this year.
- Established “Create a Jewish Legacy”: The organization’s first ever planned giving program.Secured over 40 members since launch
- Drafts and oversees all direct mail and electronic campaigns
- Re-designed e-philanthropy portion of website.Web now integral for all fundraising campaigns.
- Activated fundraising component of electronic database (Chaverware) for donor tracking and acknowledgements.Tracking and acknowledgments were previously limited in scope.
- Formalized new donor recognition procedures including: listings in printed and electronic newsletters, web presence and new donor recognition signage at the Synagogue
- Built and grew relationships within the Synagogue and the Atlanta Jewish Community as a whole in order to further all fundraising initiatives
- Regularly coordinates fundraising initiatives with counterparts at the Jewish Federation of Greater Atlanta in order to maximize Ahavath Achim’s standing within the greater Atlanta Jewish Community
2008 - 2009
• Created full-time fundraising program for organization• Launched $18,000,000 Capital Campaign• Established multi-city fundraising strategy throughout the southeast in order to obtain donations in all areas with a strong alumni presence • Worked directly with lay leadership on all major campaigns• Traveled throughout the Southeast and led regular tours of Camp in order to secure donations (up to $100,000) and strengthen relationships with those already on board• Successfully oversaw organization’s largest ever scholarship campaign ($60,000)• Established “Legacy for the Generations”: The organization’s first ever planned giving program. Secured over 40 members since launch• Was presented with multiple challenge grant goals and successfully met all of them, ranging from $60,000 to $300,000• Crafted successful Grant and funding proposals ranging from $10,000 to $250,000• Drafted and oversaw all direct mail and electronic campaigns• Established multi-pronged e-philanthropy presence including twitter, facebook, and Google checkout. Online fundraising now a vital aspect of all campaigns• Established an electronic fundraising database (Camp Brain) for donor tracking and acknowledgements. All tracking and acknowledgements had previously been handled manually• Formalized new donor recognition procedures including: listings in electronic newsletters and the creation of recognition certificates, suitable for framing• Conceptualized, devised strategy, and obtained funding for $200,000 campaign to build camp’s new amphitheater, construction to be completed June 2010• Worked directly with the nationally-renowned Grinspoon Institute for Jewish Philanthropy to introduce and adopt organizational best practices and strategies
2003 - 2008
Membership Gifts Manager
• Responsible for all individual contributions to the Annual Fund under $1,750• Responsible for all individual contributions to the Annual Fund under $10,000 prior to the establishment of new giving society • Constructed all direct mail pieces and telefunding scripts and strategies • Oversaw organization’s first ever $1,000,000+ telefunding campaign• Supervised year-round telefunding operation with a staff of 14• Oversaw campaign growth of over 1,600 donors and nearly $300,000 • Set organizational records in sub-$1,750 donor campaign ($1,000,000+) and sub-$10,000 donor campaign ($750,000+)• Exceeded most recent annual campaign goal by 15%
2000 - 2003
• Government and United Way Liaison for the largest anti-domestic violence organization in Georgia • Government and private grant-writer for funding from both local and national sources• Built relationships with donors to secure large donations ($100K and above) • Organizer of annual silent and live auctions for 400-attendee event, obtained donations of artwork, vacation packages, jewelry, sports memorabilia, and spa and restaurant packages • Coordinated staff and volunteer efforts
1998 - 2000
• Managed acknowledgment program and gift processing at international nonprofit organization with over 30,000 constituents • Composed and produced direct mail pieces • Liaison to regional offices across the globe • Trained administrative staff in regional offices • Electronic Database contact for the organization (The Raiser’s Edge)
1995 - 1998
• Member of management staff in telephone fundraising center that achieved goal of $300 million over a five-years• Hired and trained employees • Oversaw motivation and evaluation of employees • Developed and implemented various fundraising initiatives • Coordinated employee scheduling and payroll for the department
1994 - 1998
Minors in Political Science and Psychology