Extremely dynamic and goal-driven Public Relations Assistant- qualified specifically in human services seeking a career opportunity in the entertainment industry. Excellent communicator with demonstrated ability to develop, manage, and implement strategic marketing pathways paralleling both immediate and long term growth. Flexible, adaptable, and charismatic project leader, performing best in high paced environments among all levels of management.
Aug 2008 - May 2009
Assistant to the Executive Director
THE RESTORATION HOUSE
Responsible for addressing the physical, emotional, and monetary needs for single mother families and providing the tools for re-establishment in economic, social, and medical areas.
- Key player in the overall structure, functions and operations of a non-profit organization including: vision and mission analysis, innovative program development, copy writing, target market awareness, grants and fundraising, maintaining policy and procedural standards, and marketing to third party organizations.
- Managed collaboration and communication among multiple departments regarding resources and opportunities available for said families, particularly career enhancement prospects.
- Designed and implemented the marketing and creative strategies in the form of the "TRH Monthly Outlook Newsletter" within the Knoxville area.
- Special event planning and mentor training which included "A Day in the Life" as well as the "Circle of Hope Team Meeting" for Compassion Coalition for approximately 500 individuals a year.
- Executed social networking strategies via Facebook and E-commerce and developed unique promotional techniques for varying events such as Simon Day of Giving, A Day in the Life, and the Family Christmas Shop.
Sep 2005 - May 2009
Support Staff Personnel
Partnered with the substance-addicted homeless community providing free rehabilitation for the non-profit in the following areas:
- Mobile Counseling, Food Service Distribution, and Clothing Allocation
Oct 2007 - Jul 2008
Support Staff Personnel
RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE
Responsible for assisting families and staff among multiple departments including, but not limited to:
- Counseling, Culinary Preparation, and Maintenance (Housekeeping and Landscaping)
Aug 2005 - Aug 2006
Assistant to CEO
Rodefer Moss Technologies Group (Claris Networks)
Administrative responsibilities included: answering and screening incoming calls, maintaining company phone list, greeting clients and visitors, filing documents, setting up meetings, managing office schedule, organizing company functions and events, coordinating travel arrangements for management, filling in for receptionist when out of office, preparing packages, collecting and distributing mail including shipment to correct personnel, and inter-departmental communications (sales, marketing, and IT divisions) within the company.
- Collaborated with IT services in developing digital "short-hand" program for computer data imputing.
- Marketed and promoted the annual Rodefer Moss Technologies Golf Tournament benefitting East Tennessee Children's Hospital raising over $25,000.
- Organized and created project portfolios for various departments and attended weekly strategic meetings regarding impending company ventures.
- Assisted sales department with new avenue networking and pathways including quality assurance.
- Gained proficiency in Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable reconciliations in QuickBooks.