Patient Services Advocate
Southwest Medical Associates - United Health Group - Las Vegas, Nevada
- Achieved performance evaluations for call handling ability and quality of services provided to patients in a fast paced, high volume call center.
- Assisted patients with all aspects of insurance billing resolution or payments and documented any information or conversations in the computer regarding the patient's accounts.
- Understand the importance of dealing with confidential information.
- Resolved problems or escalated to managers as needed -able to diffuse intense situations and frustrated callers.
- Provided information regarding patient accounts to authorized callers while complying with HIPPA guidelines and regulations.
- Verified and updated patient demographic information and insurance information.
- Scheduled and rescheduled appointments in person and via phone.
- Scheduled appointments and referrals from other medical offices.
- Monitored work queues to ensure information was complete in EPIC HIS system.
- Assisted in the referral process such as faxing referrals and scanning related documents.
- Completed daily reminder calls to patients regarding upcoming appointments.
- Interacts with members of the professional staff and ancillary personnel while acting as liaison between physicians, nurses and patients.
- Identifies whether patient needs authorization or referral.
- AYS-At Your Service,
- Genesis soft phone system
- Microsoft - Excel, Power Point and Word.