As a Research Assistant I've been working on research project:
Simulation tool for bent axis axial piston machines, supervised by Prof. Monika Ivantysynova.
- Development of the mathematical models able to predict performance of bent axis axial piston pumps or motors;
- Detail modelling of pump kinematics, which includes all forces and moments exerted on machine parts;
- Modelling of pressure in displacement chamber, flow and pressure in discharge port, flow and pressure in suction port;
- Complex modelling (3D flow) of the self adjusting gaps: rings - cylinder bore interface, piston - cylinder bore and cylinder block - valve plate interface, based on force equilibrium;
- Modelling of the flow and friction force between piston and cylinder block, and between cylinder block and valve plate;
- Fluid structure interaction modelling;
- Modelling of the temperature distribution in the lubricating gaps;
- Test rig setup and data acquisition;
- Implementation of the models in C/C++;
- Model verification by analyzing obtained results and comparison with measurement.
Results & Benefits:
- Excellent agreement of simulation results with measurements.
- Good skills in managing the project from the beginning to the end;
- Excellent reporting to lead professor and industrial partners;
- Demonstrated willingness to perform beyond assigned job duties;
- Meeting project mile stones according to the imposed schedule;
- Working with minimum supervision of lead professor;
- Improved skills in working independently and in a team.