Desktop Infrastructure and Support Consultant
NEW YORK CITY BOARD OF EDUCATION
- Provided base level IT support to company personnel.
- Resolved customer complaints and concerns with strong verbal and negotiation skills.
- Set up, tested and configured networks, desktops, laptops and printers.
- Installed motherboards, processors, RAM and graphics cards.
- Oversaw the daily performance of computer systems, including [Servers].
- Coordinated hardware and software repair processes with outside vendors.
- Resolved technical issues for clients in person, on the phone and through e-mail.
- Cut costs by 15% by negotiating with vendors to obtain supplies, services and equipment at lower rates.
- Trained 15 new employees in effective diagnostic and repair procedures. Performed diagnostic tests and repaired malfunctioning hardware and software.
- Created network diagrams for new and existing networks.
- Documented all aspects of client networks in preparation for implementing communication systems and associated applications. Handled multiple simultaneous deployment projects against strict deadlines.
- Identified areas of operation that need upgraded software, voicemail, and telephone equipment. Installed IP, network equipment and facilities.
- Improved rate of resolved trouble tickets by implementing mdm.