Cabin Crew Development Manager / Leader, Cabin Crew
Leadership – Recruitment – Training and Development – Performance Management
Responsible for the management of a team over 300, of Flight Managers, Cabin Leaders, Cabin Supervisors and Cabin Crew – across both International and Domestic airlines;
- To support, coach and develop the on-board managers and leaders to ensure they have the skills and tools required to lead their team consistently and pro-actively, in order to provide an excellent standard of Guest service.
- To look after crew welfare and manage key departmental KRA’S to ensure the Virgin Australia values and business strategies are communicated.
- To implement and administer Virgin Australia policies and procedures as they relate to Cabin Crew.
As part of the original start-up team, key to the role was to develop strategy, systems and processes prior to and during the commencement of operation.
- Design, implementation and facilitation of Leadership Development strategy, training and coursework
- Development and implementation of effective and transparent internal transfer, as well as leadership recruitment strategies
- Lead a team of up to 310 crew (including 64 on-board leaders)
- 2010 Star of the Year – Virgin Group (Australia / New Zealand). Personal achievement. Attended ‘Stars Dinner’ with Richard Branson in London, UK.
- The Airline Passenger Experience Association (APEX) Awards V Australia “Best Overall Passenger Experience” 2010, won three of the 14 categories
- 2011 Skytrax World Airline Awards V Australia, was named winner of the Airline Staff Service Excellence Australia/Pacific
- 2011, Virgin Australia has been awarded with ‘Best Airline Staff Service’
- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 Annual Global Traveler’s Reader Survey Tested Awards V Australia was voted Best Airline to Australia and New Zealand 2011