Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
• Prepared, checked and reviewed technical specification documents, design calculations and data to ensure proper mechanical design of engine components to meet customer requirements.
• Utilized CAD and mechanical design software applications to design products that met particularly defined specifications.
• Wrote product performance requirements and engineering design specification packets for production personnel and communicate requirements to on-site and off-shore design teams.
• Analyzed technical engineering data including technical drawings in order to recommend, identify and correct engineering design problems for the product throughout the product development life cycle.
• Maintained/tracked project information and data for easy retrieval by various internal departments and the client.
• Supported Lead Product Engineers and Project Managers in responding to internal and external inquiries; determined feasibility, cost, and time-lines required to complete product development life cycle.
• Taught students the material relating to the Engineering Processes course including: Vertical/Horizontal Milling, Lathe, CNC Lathe, Plasma Cutter, CNC Plasma Cutter, MIG Welding, Brazing, Plastic Welding.
• Assisted personnel who were using the Engineering Processes Shop for personal or research projects, and gave advice on machining techniques.
• Maintenance and repair of the Earthquake Simulation Centrifuge including: Cleaning and fixing oil leaks, recommissioning the centrifuge before every test, and attaching/detaching testing modules.
• Designed and machined parts needed for experiments including: Laser mounting brackets, fluid flow plate, and piezoelectric oscillator mounts to generate vibration in soil.
• Assisted in the maintenance and calibration of the VERITAS Observatory, the $2.1M upgrade of VERITAS cameras: build, test, and install photo-multiplier tube pixel modules, cabling and testing.
• Circuit board analysis using high speed electronic test equipment: signal generators, oscilloscopes, power supplies.
• Introductory LabView programming.
• Modeled parts from blueprints using Pro Engineer, assisted seal selection and implementation for a 3D hydraulic piston design, worked hands-on to repair a Drill Rig and general help for engineers at the Boart Longyear Bit Plant.
FEA using Solidworks, creation of technical drawings and blueprints from CAD models, Rapid Prototyping using 3D printing, mold design and plastic injection molding with polycarbonate, ABS and polypropylene, Stress-Strain analysis, Manufacturing and Machine design, PFMEAs, DFMEAs and DFM/DFA techniques and analysis using Minitab.
Haas Super VF 2, Haas VF 1, Hurricane Laser Category 4 Charley 80W, Flow Abrasive Water Jet Machine, Adept Cobra 800 SCARA Robot, Staubli RX 90 Robot, Stratasys Dimension FDM Machine, Z-Corporation Z310 3D Printer, Agilent 54622D Mixed Signal Oscilloscope, Arburg Injection Molder - 221K, Battenfeld Injection Molder, Formech 660 Vacuum Former, Sonitek S840 Ultrasonic Welder, Sonitek TS500 Thermal Press, Wilson Rockwell Hardness Tester.
C, C++, LabView, Maple, Pro-Engineer/Creo, NX, Solidworks, Maya, MasterCAM, TeamCenter, Minitab, Microsoft Office Suite, currently learning Python from MIT OpenCourseWare (Course # 6.00).
Artistic Drawing and Painting (charcoal, pastel, acrylic, oil, and encaustic), MIG and TIG welding.
Enjoy hiking, skiing and working out. Appreciate world cultures and travel (China, Ireland, Israel, France).