I tested games for a living! Working at Rockstar was a growing and humbling experience for me. Before I started I saw it as a stepping stone into the industry, but it's so much more than that. At Rockstar I became a leader, I became a trusted staff member, I became a Role Model and I also achieved the highest bug count numerous times in my own team. At Rockstar I became even hungrier for success, and I understood the meaning of having a solid team of people around you from all over the country, all over the world and from numerous different and amazing backgrounds.
Whilst working at Rockstar:
- I wrote accurate & comprehensive bug reports.
- Exercised and showed excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Put together excel sheets, word documents and prepared OneNote pages in order to help other employees in the form of wiki sheets and information areas.
- Communicated with other studios all over the world.
- Became a Leader, teaching staff on a one-to-one basis and leading tasks in game.
- Adapted to new ways of doing things quickly, learned a lot of different software and picked up techniques and learned new methods for doing my job as efficiently as possible.
- Managed our workflow, retrieving builds from our servers and then utilising our in-house software to access and test with them.
- Evaluated gameplay and provided constructive feedback to design in order to improve the quality of the overall product.
- Helped develop in-house software to improve the working experience of everyone that works for the company.
- Worked flexible hours, with overtime to meet the needs of the company when asked to.
- Developed a strong, loyal attitude with a great work ethic and a can-do 'let's do it!' attitude.
- Hosted a Charity Smash Bros Tournament for Alzheimer's Support where we raised over a £100!
- Worked in a team and made a lot of friends.