Senior Software Engineer
- Designed, deployed and maintained a microservice architecture server employing full Docker containerization with deployment orchestration distributed across several Amazon EC2 instances with Docker Swarm.
- Improved maintainability, testability and scalability of backend services by developing several microservice Node.js servers to maintain separate functions of authorization, resource access APIs, email distribution, push notification distribution, client use logging and mobile client data input API.
- Led a small team in the construction of a multifunctional web-based user dashboard to service 5 different user classes with unique resource access permissions employing an SPA framework (Mithril.js)
- Designed interactive and dynamic mapping visualizations (Leaflet.js) of human movement, wind movement and wild bird movement data to provide insight into Avian Influenza epidemiology studies.
- Employed serverless (AWS Lambda) to execute web crawling scripts with dynamically throttled concurrency to collect GIS measurements of bird observations spanning all provinces of Canada.
Technologies: Node.JS, Express, Docker, Docker Swarm, MySQL, Postgres, PostGIS, Apache Cordova, AWS EC2, AWS Lambda, Mithril.JS, Elasticsearch, Mocha, ES6+, HTML, CSS, REST, TypeScript, Webpack