- Transition Manager for onshore / offshore Application Development team for (4) business units
- Transitioned over (50) in-flight projects to new client vendor
- Responsible for delivery of all ‘in-flight’ projects during transition out of client contract - Responsible for delivery team’s service levels – team utilization and implementation dates - Responsible for engagement issues list - Core Manufacturing and Manufacturing Execution Systems Application Development Manager for onshore/offshore development team (25 FTEs)
- Application Development, Enhancement, and Support Team Leader for Manufacturing Execution Systems onshore / offshore team of 25 FTEs - Project Manager for an Order for Order (OFO) Fabrication Triggering (Client-Server / .Net) project (5 FTEs) - Project Manager for Product Structure Modeling web development (.Net) project (6 FTEs) - Project Manager for an IBM Websphere Data Interchange Upgrade (EDI) project (5 FTEs)
- Successfully lead in (15) months Keane’s largest client SEI-CMM(i) Level 4 (joint) certification effort at Schneider-Electric North America with a combined global organization of over (150) IT professionals on- / offshore - Process & Quality Assurance Manager and Team Leader for QA team and engagement
- Delivery Excellence Team Lead on a SEI-CMM Level 3 certification project for (300) person engagement - SQA Analyst for health care business line
- Mentored over (40) client Project Managers, and SQA team analysts in Keane's project management methologies
- SQA Analyst for a SEI-CMM Level 3 certification project for Specialty Insurance division
- Mentored Project Mangers, Team Leads, and Developers, on specific projects, and CMM KPAs
Numerous Project Management seminars, Application Development – Iterative, RUP, etc., Application Maintenance Methodology, Productivity Management, Organizational Change Management, SEI-CMM(i), and Revenue Storm
With great enthusiasm and interest in offering my delivery management and applications program / project management expertise to the service of your organization. I have a broad background with demonstrated experience in delivering large sized global information technology (IT) projects. Outstanding communication skills and technical knowledge, supported by dedication and integrity, form a foundation that allows me to provide unmatched team leadership and deliver consistently winning outcomes. Being a superb change agent has driven success with developing and leading others with an equal desire to excel and win.My results-driven, innovative approach, complemented by excellent judgment and sound decision making, can ensure the achievement of Project Management goals for your company. I offer exceptional abilities in training, problem solving, and effective communication. In addition, my strengths and accomplishments include: ** Extensive background in IT management, project management, offshore development, service delivery, software quality assurance, process improvement, productivity management, customer business development, sales support, operations, account management, business intelligence, account P&L, technical staff development, space management software & support, corporate computing, and technical support & customer service.
** Project Management Professional (PMP) certified. My extensive experience and industry knowledge give me confidence in my ability to make an immediate and long-term contribution to a solid organization such as your company. I welcome the opportunity to leverage my proven interpersonal, technical, and project management skills as a member of your executive management team.
- Delivery manager for successful transition of over (50) ‘in-flight’ projects to new client vendor in 2008
- Team manager for manufacturing operations application development business area that delivered over (24) projects-programs, (97) small enhancements, and (109) quick hits in 2007
- Project manager for several key manufacturing execution systems projects – Product Structure Modeling (PSM) and Order-for-Order (OFO) Fabrication Triggering applications that reduced on hand inventory levels and labor costs significantly at Schneider-Electric North America
- Project manager on a successful EDI upgrade infrastructure project that had a potential risk to the Schneider Electric North American business of over $1.7 billion in annual sales through inbound and outbound EDI transactions
- Project manager on Keane’s largest successful SEI-CMM(i) Level 4 certification initiative at Schneider-Electric (150 FTEs)
- Board Member of Anderson Hills Kiwanis Chapter (2008-present)
- Board Member of Anderson Township Little League (2003-2008 - Safety Officer, Player Agent, and Manager Coordinator)
- Backstop Bats Baseball – 14U General Manager / Head Coach (2008-09)
- Midland Baseball – 13U Warriors Head Coach (2007-08)
- Badin High School Assistant Baseball Coach – Div. III State Champions (1991)
- Youth Basketball & Soccer Coach (1998-2007)
- A member of the USGA, and carries a 12.1 handicap
I have a broad based business consulting background with demonstrated (with more than 20 years) experience in delivering small to mid-sized business initiatives, and large sized (global) information technology (IT) projects. A superb change agent with driven success; developing and leading others with an equal desire to excel and win.
"Knows how to get IT done, and complete your vision, opportunity, or project."
“Dan is a versatile manager; we worked together for a year, on a very difficult assignment. Dan was flexible throughout our working relationship - often taking on more responsibility when asked, and mitigating risks before they could become issues. He consitently managed a very demanding set of customers with integrity and persistence. Dan is very detail oriented, but his focus is continuously on results and empowering his teams. I would welcome the opportunity to work with Dan again, should the situation present itself. For those of you considering work with Dan, you can count a strong recommendation from me - don't hesitate to contact me about his capability!”