Engineering, Manufacturing, Product Development or Program Management leadership in an organization focused upon quality, total customer satisfaction, innovation, safety and growth with options of domestic or international travel.
Experienced MBA with a unique blend of Manufacturing, Program Management and Product Development skills. Leverages cross-functional knowledge to develop complementary business strategies fostering teamwork and common company focus. Translates visions, missions and goals into Business Plan Deployment and PDCA tracking to assure results. Turn-around specialist capable of quickly assessing the situation to realign resources, revise business plans and engage the workforce. Proficiency in Microsoft business software including MS Office and Project. User of AutoCAD, SharePoint and other IT systems. Additional capabilities in:
- Global Engineering Management
- Project Management
- Lean Manufacturing Implementation
- Strategic Planning
- Capital Management/Preservation
- Customer Interface
- Organizational Development
Aug 2009 - Present
Sr. General Manager
Mahindra & Mahindra LTD
Senior Executive responsible for developing the manufacturing and product development strategies for the Paint Center of Excellence. This role and position is new to Mahindra and has was formed to establish a lean focus supportive of its global growth. The primary focus of the position is to first launch the new paint shops at Chakan and then develop lean strategies for the remainder of the operations.
- Lead the Chakan team to early delivery of two state of the art paint shops.
- Mentored the production organization to to establish lean practices and efficient workplace organization.
- Provided technical leadership to quickly resolve complex and severe paint adhesion problem.
- Developed and established the Quality Operating Procedure for the Mahindra paint shops.
- Upgraded and rewrote many corporate material technical specifications for global application.
- Worked with SQA to identify and resolve numerous paint quality issues.
- Presented at International Colour Society to provide a vision of Flexible Mfg and future industry trends.
2008 - 2009
VP of Product Development
Senior Officer responsible for directing the Product Engineering organization of the Brown Company of BHM.Brown is a $200M company specializing in the design and execution of complex stamped and welded structural assemblies for the automotive, agriculture, mining and heavy truck industries.Operations consisted of eight facilities in the United States and Mexico with three different Engineering and Sales offices.Directed 41 engineers responsible for quotations, sales engineering, product designs, Finite Element Analysis, Program Management, manufacturing planning and plant support.
- Streamlined engineering organization and established common lean business practices across three locations resulting in $1M+ cost savings.
- Lead a cross functional team to develop a manufacturing restructuring plan resulting in the closure of two facilities and a EBITDA improvement of $2.5M.
- Developed a Product Innovation plan focused upon weight reduction utilizing proprietary manufacturing technologies to achieve a 40% reduction for automotive Instrument Panel structures.
- Negotiated settlements with several customers to resolve long standing receivables issues thereby avoiding expensive litigation and improving cash flow.
2005 - 2008
Developed and managed a global engineering organization to specify, design and implement paint shops for GM's international manufacturing footprint. Managed approximately 70 material, facility and process engineers in all four regions of GM's global operations to advance technology as well as develop global standards, layouts, execution strategies and advanced manufacturing development.
- Developed cost effective strategies to prolong the life of GM's operating facilities using flexible manufacturing, asset sustainment and re-use techniques resulting in savings of over $40M.
- Oversaw the development a new coating technology to dramatically reduce the manufacturing footprint and operational costs by $10 per unit.
- Averted a 3 month delay at GM's India paint shop through a construction & launch turn-around assignment.
- Provided oversight to the global facilities design teams to plan and execute GM's latest facilities in China, Mexico, India and Russia.
1994 - 2005
Executive manager of a staff of 40 paint manufacturing and product engineers responsible for the design release, manufacturing planning, material engineering, facilities strategies and capital plans for GM’s paint operations. Directed the activities of engineers at the assembly centers as well as central staff. Responsible for technology advancement and lean manufacturing strategies to improve quality and reduce cost in the assembly centers.
- Persuaded the manufacturing leaders to execute strategies to improve exterior finish quality from near last place position to industry leadership as measured by JD Power and Associates.
- Drove the implementation of energy reduction strategies resulting in $20M+ annual savings.
- Executed the implementation plan to integrate an innovative paint application technology to improve operational efficiency and achieve $60M+ annual direct material savings.
- Lead the technology implementation of environmentally friendly powder coatings in automotive painting operations.
- Called to lead a turn-around of Pontiac paint shop operations during critical launch of GM's new full size pick-up.
- Conducted numerous training classes on the principles of lean manufacturing.
- Received GM's Chairman's Honors Awards in 1996, 2003, 2004 and 2005.