Jul 2011 - Present
- Automated the migration from Perforce to Git including the Omnix repository which contained hundreds of branches.
- Migrated from PHP 5.2 to PHP 5.4, including an overhaul of a PHP C extension that adds custom functionality to the PHP Oracle database driver.
- Removed dependency on the custom PHP Oracle driver to streamline future PHP language upgrades.
- Extended the Doctrine ORM to interoperate with our internally developed ORM so new compoents can be developed using Doctrine.
- Designed and developed a system for creating pipelines of tasks that execute asynchronously in Omnix, allowing users to automate significant portions of their workflow.
- Created an isolated Oracle development environment using Puppet and Vagrant, allowing developers to stop using shared Oracle development databases.
- Setup continuous integration and automated tests for many internal projects.
- Setup Splunk for log analysis, error reporting and performance monitoring.
- Became a Certified Ethical Hacker (CEHv8)
Jan 2009 - Jul 2011
Web Team Lead
- Created a multi-threaded daemon for running Omnix users' searches in Python.
- Created an extensible system for asynchronously handling long running tasks in Python.
- Created a web API describing components of the Omnix infrastructure used by many internal applications.
- Replaced a buggy regular expression based text search parser with a lexer/parser, eliminating bugs and enabling new functionality.
- Optimized a system for running thousands of full text searches in Omnix.
- Performed peer review on other developers' code.
Jan 2007 - Jan 2009
- Migrated components of Omnix to a custom built PHP MVC framework based on Ruby on Rails.
- Automated build and deployment of the web application which replaced a manual process.
- Created a wrapper around our source control tool (Perforce) to automate common tasks.
- Designed and developed a user customizible reporting component for Omnix.
- Created an Emacs minor mode for performing common development tasks directly in the editor.
- Designed a component for viewing and reviewing threaded emails in Omnix.
- Interviewed candidates and trained new hires as they came aboard.
Aug 2005 - Jan 2007
- Developed components for a distributed document processing system (DPS) to handle preprocessing, loading and production of documents to/from Omnix using Perl and Oracle.
- Created tools to automate common tasks in the document operations group.
- Debugged and fixed performance problems in a mission critical system that processed several terabytes of client data per month.
Jul 2004 - Aug 2005
- Designed and developed features for a web-based document review platform (Omnix) using PHP and Oracle, including
- A new search interface for complex textual and metadata searches
- A redesigned document viewer
- A client for offline document access
- Worked to troubleshoot customer issues.
- Collaborated with client managers to develop best practices for large document reviews.
Jul 2014 - Jul 2019
Certified Ethical Hacker (CEHv8)