Principal Financial Group
- Provided crucial input to teams across the organization as we developed strategies for use of Drupal, PHP, Ruby, Docker, Azure, and AWS.
- Crafted a rollout and maintenance strategy for Unix based tools supported by a centralized department and used by developers across the entire organization which resulted in increased manageability and improved uptime.
- Collaborated with centralized IT organization and Business Unit IT teams to help drive initiates for better utilization of the "Cloud" across all of IT.
Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment
- Subject Matter Expert for Bitbucket, Bamboo, and Fisheye/Crucible tools, including troubleshooting failed builds, consulting on build configuration, managing agent capabilities, and general developer support.
- Worked closely with architects to help shape tactical and strategic plans for CI/CD adoption.
- Developed add-ons used across the Atlassian ecosystem as well as plugins for Maven, Sonar, and Jenkins including:
- Kerberos based SSO capabilities with and without Crowd
- In-house deployment solutions for automated builds
- Automatic archiving of repositories before deletion.
- Created, maintained and enhanced a preventive control service integrated into production deployment pipelines, still in place after 15 years.
- Created, maintained and modernized a pre-Ajax, fully responsive, cross-browser compatible front-end for Mainframe impact analysis tool which replaced the Windows based obsolete client. Key functionality includes:
- Expandable relationship tree.
- Web-based comparison tool for source code,
- Version restore
- Deployment of versions to the mainframe through FTP.
- Developed an in-house tool to visualize our Job Scheduling information that is imported from TWS and CA7, and stored in our OODBMS.
- Developed web-based administration tool with LDAP integration using PHP for Subversion environment.
- Maintain servers for the entire Atlassian ecosystem on premise, including installation, upgrades, and capacity planning.
- Administer 40 Unix and 10 Windows servers to support 10,000+ globally distributed users.
- Support infrastructure for tools such as Nexus Pro, Jenkins, ClearCase, Subversion, and Sapiens Decision.
- Administrator and developer of a mainframe focused fully distributed IDE and project lifecycle system called Maestro II supported by an OODBMS running on AIX supporting 1000 users.