Below is a snapshot of my background:
- Samples of my work have been published in several well-known resume, interview and cover letter books (See the list below).
- Author of the one-of-a-kind career book "No Canadian Experience, eh? A Career Survival Guide for New Immigrants". The second edition is now available in bookstores.
- Will launch NCE Institute (www.nceinstitute.com), an online community focusing on International Educated Professionals
- Contributor to 10 career-related books.
- Post-graduate Diploma in Career Development from Conestoga College and was recognized by the College as “A Graduate of Distinction”.
- First graduate of Conestoga's Career Development Program (CDP) to write a book.
- Recipient of the "Outstanding Canadian Career Leader" award from Career Professionals of Canada in 2007 and 2009.
- Recipient of "Outstanding Past Student" from Toronto Chapter of Holmwood Alumni Association
Credentialed Career Manager (CCM) designation from Career Management Alliance
ICF-approved training for the Certified Career Management Coach (CCMC) designation through Career Coach Academy
Certified Resume Strategist designation through Career Professionals of Canada
- Former Career Advisor for The Link at CBC Radio Canada International.
Bachelor of Arts (Public Administration), Ryerson University
- Information & Research Advisor to Career Professionals of Canada
- Former part-time professor in the Faculty of Business at Sheridan College
- Corporate experience includes various roles: Public Relations (Jamaica Public Service Company), (Banking - Scotiabank), Finance (MFP Financial Services), Manufacturing (AT Plastics)
My background also includes the United Nations in New York, an assignment that contributed tremendously to my ability to understand and work with people from a variety of cultures.
I have been quoted in Toronto's Globe & Mail, Toronto Star, Brampton Guardian, Share Community Newspaper, Caribbean Camera, Job Boom, South Asian Focus, and The Brampton News, appeared on Business News Network (BNN) and interviewed on Toronto's CHUM 104.5 FM, Durham Region's 1580 CKDO, and Vancouver's CKNW AM 980. I am also the host of my own radio show, Career Tips2Go.
GROUP PRESENTATIONS / WORKSHOP FACILITATION
Speaking from the Heart
I enjoy the role of a public speaker and am available to speak to your group on any of the topics below. I am also able to customize my presentation to suit your needs.
My personal stories and motivational quotes have inspired, empowered and motivated people! I have walked in your shoes; have lived some of your challenges and I understand what it feels like to be frustrated in a job. I can also tell you a thing or two about changing careers, going after your dreams, and turning obstacles into opportunities.
Group Presentations / Workshop Facilitation topics include, (but not limited to):
- Sharpening your Job Search Skills for the New World of Work
- Giving Up is Not an Option...Learn the Art of PERSEVERANCE!
- A 30-Day Plan to Put Your Career on the Fast Track
- Coach-the-Coach Training
- Networking in a Multicultural Society
- No Canadian Experience, eh? - Bridging the Gap
- Create a Resume that Sells
- Interviewing With Confidence
- Surviving the Behavioural Interview
- Perseverance: The Key to SUCCESS
- What Employers Want
- When Talent Meets Opportunity (Keynote)
Below is a partial list of clients:
- ACCES Employment Services
- APC Canada Conference (a Division of American Society of Administrative Professionals)
- Brock University - MBA Student Group
- COSTI Employment Services, Brampton
- Dietetic Education Leadership Forum of Ontario
- Dixie-Bloor Neighbourhood Resource Centre (Mentoring)
- ERC Richmond Hill
- Holmwood Alumni - Toronto Chapter
- IEP Conference (PCPI)
- JSW Conference
- Kitchener-Waterloo Multicultural Centre
- KEYS Employment Services
- Newcomer Centre of Peel
- Opportunities 2008 Conference
- Polycultural Immigrant Services
- Progress Career Planning Centre (PCPC)
- Sheridan College
- SISO Hamilton
- Young Women Entrepreneur’s Conference (through the Ontario Ministry of Small Business and Entrepreneurship)
- YMCA - Windsor-Essex