My objective is to obtain a science teaching position within a adolescent school system. My objective is to include a diverse living environment curriculum that encompasses the scientific study of biology, while meeting the needs of varied learners I encounter within a classroom.
Teacher Work Sample
Jan 2013 - Present
- Experience substituting K-12, classes averaging between 10-35 students for various school districts
- Effectively maintains order in the classroom with multidisciplinary approach or with positive reinforcement techniques
- Ensures continuation of curriculum programs and academic success of individual students
- Establishes good working relationships with students and staff
- Followed teaching programs set by regular teachers and prepared outlines when necessary.
- Integrated lessons into long-term curriculum plan to ensure continuity of education objectives.
Aug 2013 - Present
6th and 7th grade Science Teacher
Floyd County Public Schools
Developed curriculum for both 6th and 7th grade science and implemented the curriculum throughout the year.
Sep 2012 - Dec 2012
Watervliet High School and Tamarac Middle School
Tamarac Middle School, Brunswick, New York
- Taught in rural school district
- Designed and implemented 3 week unit plan for AP 8th Grade Living Environment
- Designed/Implemented a TWS for AP Living Environment
- Implemented Service Learning Project on Household Chemicals
- Taught all 8th grade classes, including 8th grade inclusion classroom for science on topics from cell theory to metrics to microscope
Watervliet High School, Watervliet, New York
- Taught in city school district
- Taught 10th grade Living Environment classroom with various IEPs and 504s
Jan 2012 - Aug 2012
- Communicated with members to provide solutions to their financial needs
- Resolved member’s problems with discretion and patience
- Provided support to the management team and the other employees.
- Provided the upmost discretion regarding the member’s private information
Jun 2006 - Jul 2011
Data Entry/Phone Pharmacy Technician
Express Scripts Pharmacy
- Obtained and verified information regarding a patient’s personal, prescription, and health information.
- Processed prescriptions by insuring accuracy based on knowledge of prescription dosages, patient’s information, and doctor information.
- Conferred with doctors, nurses, and patients in a professional manner to obtain the necessary information to accurately process prescriptions.