Research Specialist Lead, Supervisor
Lab Manager/Research Assistant Lead
- Central administrative resource for all lab personnel within the department at three research facilities-Claudia Nance Rollins, and Dental Buildings
- Oversee the maintenance and routine processes of the lab-sterilization, preparation of media/solutions.
- Manage and monitor ordering of supplies and equipment, prepare budgets records and invoices.
- Recommends new equipment and supplies needed for specialized procedures and improve the quality of results.
- Assist in grant and other funding application preparation. • Lead safety drills to train students and staff of potential issues.
- Supervise and train lab assistants and students in basic lab routines.
- Train post-doctoral fellows and serves as a technical resource in research protocols.
- Trained and certified to ship Infectious Agents and Biological materials.
- Environmental Safety and Radiation Safety Officer liaison for the lab.
- Monitor the handling, storage and disposal of radioactive materials in the lab.
- Periodically attend educational programs and workshops within the university to further professional career development.