"Every child id an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up."
- Cross-cultural, Language and Academic Development (CLAD) certified
- Beginning Teacher Support and Assessment (BTSA) certified
- College Board Advanced Placement certificate of completion
- Principal's Award (2008)
- Class Advisor (2001-2007)
- Club advisor for Art'Knitting/Class/Gay and Straight Alliance/Hip Hop Dance Club (2001-2010)
- Voted Club of the Year (2007 and 2008)
To obtain a position, where I can actively encourage students with opportunities to reach their fullest potential through creative expression, cognitive strategies, and a broad range of aesthetic, historical, critical and production experiences.
Native Spanish speaker ~ Proficient with Technology ~ Skilled with Differentiated Instruction ~
2D and 3D Curriculum ~ Advanced Placement Art History Curriculum
Jul 2011 - Present
Sep 2010 - May 2011
- Multicultural instruction to diverse group of students. Develpoed and inplemented bi-weekly thematic lesson plans while successfully acheiving student participation by utilizing creativity and incorporating real life connection into the classroom in order to gain and maintain student interest and encourage self-expression.
Aug 2001 - Jun 2010
Art Department Head ~ Lead Teacher ~ Art History Teacher
Art Department Head: 2006-2010
- Responsibilities include and are not limited to leading departmental collaboration, organize department meetings, responisble for departmental budget, attend monthly principal's meetings and monthly Subject Area Coordinator District (SAC) meetings.
- District chosen art mentor of new teacher, observers and student teachers.
- Teacher leader involved in the improvement of school culture, which led to a steady increase in student achievement which aided in the closing of the achievement gap through the organizing and planning of teacher collaboration.
Art/History Teacher 2001-2010
- College Board Advanced Placement trained/Art History. Formulate and execute the art history survey curriculum, which provides students of AP art history with the skills, curriculum, confidence, and resilience that prepares them for test in may.
- Differentiated Student Learning and engage by utilizing multimedia such as overhead document cameras, educational videos and computers. Proficient in software such as Photoshop, PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, and Key Point.
- Multicultural instruction to diverse group of students. Develop and implement thematic lesson plans while successfully achieving student participation by utilizing creativity and incorporating real life connection into the classroom in order to gain and maintain students' interest and encourage self-expression.
Sep 2000 - Aug 2001
- Created and implemented grade appropriate lessons. Traveled throughout the Santa Cruz County school districts and taught six to eight week sessions for grades k-8.