Having a legal nurse consultant in your corner helps you avoid wasting precious resources pursuing incorrect theories, helps you focus in on critical information from discovery, helps you understand complex medical issues...I can be an asset in all phases of your cases where injury has occurred. Medical record analysis is a job best done by a legal nurse consultant.
So what is in it for you? I will tell you...
• A legal nurse consultant can develop a more detailed chronology of events.
• A legal nurse consultant will be able to analyze what is apparent but also recognize the missing or tampering documentation often missed by non-medical people.
• A legal nurse consultant can improve your case by helping you focus on the real problem areas.
So why do you need me, a legal nurse, when you have a paralegal or already use a physician?
• Paralegals possess a wealth of legal knowledge and some medical knowledge. A Legal nurse consultant has years of experience in the medical field that cannot be duplicated by reading medical information.
• Physicians are great at being the medical team leader but fall short on the knowledge of what is involved in the daily care of patients. You need a registered nurse who has the intimate knowledge of all aspects of patient care. This professional can more readily recognize deviations to standards of care.
• From a financial consideration, nurses are less expensive than physicians are.
So.. A legal nurse consultant can build a better chronology, generate a better work product, and help you improve your knowledge of the case specifics.