General Psychology - PSY 103 (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
- Prepare and present an overview of psychology as the study of the science of behavior and mental processes.
- Examine theoretical perspectives, major concepts and historical trends.
- Emphasize critical thinking
- Infuse technology into lesson development as a means of engaging students in the learning process.
- Developed a system of formative and summative assessments in order to ascertain students' current understanding of the content.
- Fully utilize Edmodo to publish course components extend learning through the use of embedded applications on the edmodo platform, i.e.: Collapsibles, Mindomo, Blendspace, Everyslide.
First Year Experience - FYE 103 (2014, 2015)
- Assists students in the successful transition to college.
- Investigation and practice of specific academic skills, by inquiry into life skills necessary for citizenship in any diverse community
- Facilitates knowledge of the policies, procedures, opportunities and resources available at Luzerne County Community College
Child Psychology - PSY 204 (2013)
- Prepare and present a course that covers the study of human development and behavior from conception onto adolescence with special consideration given to the interdependence of the emotional, intellectual, social and physical development of the child.
- Explore the multifaceted nature of development including physical, cognitive, social and personality development.
- Emphasize the interconnectedness and interaction of one's genetic inheritance, family and social environment in influencing one's development.
- Create classroom activities to encourage critical thinking.
- Build a web based content network on Edmodo to provide a media rich, environment for students to discuss, practice, and engage in a meaningful way with material.
Educational Psychology - EDU 210 (2013, 2014)
- Prepare and present the application of psychology to the classroom situation with emphasis on cognition, learning personality development, testing methods of teaching, motivation and individual differences.
- Present the purpose and methods of research in educational psychology.
- Facilitate the application of the principles of behaviorism to learning and instruction; cognitivism to learning and instruction
- Investigate the role of motivation in teaching and learning
- Explore "gamification" as a current trend in educational motivation
- Evaluate Dweck's theory of fixed and growth mindset
- Identify sound testing and assessment principles to the creation and use of the assessment tools
- Fully utilize Blackboard Learn to publish course components in order to provide an interactive, learner centered course rich in media and academic content
Introduction to Education - EDU 150 (2012)
- Prepare and present an introductory course in the field of education.
- Present an overview of the historical, philosophical and social foundations of education.
- Explore current trends, legislation, governance and financing of schools, opportunities for employment, and certification processes.
- Emphasize the professional role of the teacher.
- Supervised Field Service hours for class participants.
- Facilitated simultaneous instruction at two sites using the Polycom Videoconferencing Platform.
Fundamentals of Algebra - MAT 060 (1999)
- Instructed a diverse population of traditional students, working adults and returning students with a wide variety of educational backgrounds and experience.
- Designed a course of study to meet the needs of all students in the class
- Used alternative teaching methods to provide for maximum learning in finite period of time.