Director, Subcontracts/Construction Manager
Director, Subcontracts, USA Operations
- Managed and implemented subcontract policies, procedures, methods, and operating practices of all CBI USA regional offices (Tyler, Beaumont and Houston, Texas and Plainfield, Illinois), as well as all construction jobsites nationwide.
- Prepared complex bids requiring integration of proposals from multiple subcontractors and other potential vendors.
- Performed training, motivation, and evaluation of assigned employees.
- Implemented and audited subcontract responsibilities within corporate policies and regulatory requirements.
- Provided advice and support on major bids through staff acquisition and resource planning.
- While constantly maintaining delivery dates and quality, directed staff on budgetary responsibilities within scope of subcontract operations.
- With projects ranging from $28 million to $100 million, located from coast to coast, responsibilities included the consolidation of inter-division policies and procedures thereby assisting in financial savings to CB&I and resulting in improved operating efficiency.
- Managed subcontract policies, procedures, methods, and operating practices of Tyler, TX regional office, as well as all construction jobsites for projects throughout the USA originating from the Tyler office.
- Guaranteed contractor compliance with construction documents and specifications to ensure high quality standards and commercial compliance.
- Reviewed and approved subcontractor pay requests and managed all facets of change order approval process.
- Managed the process of assembling, soliciting, analyzing, and awarding project bid packages.
- Conducted all personnel related activities associated with a direct-hire environment.
- Performed and maintained close client contact and project sales responsibilities.