Fourteen years of experience as a broadband technician designing, building and expanding cellular and fiber optic CATV networks nationwide.Wireless cell site modifications for FCC mandated spectrum re banding and emergency alert & response regulations. DAS in building solutions for Sprint's CDMA and IDEN radio base stations and 54 volt power plant upgrades in California, Nevada and Arizona.Test and turn up, survey data validation and quality control for the True Position E911 LMU activation for AT&T and Cingular Wireless in New York, Seattle, and Los Angeles. Time Warner Cables head end and hub site integration and structured cabling for switched digital video, cable modem transport and video on demand services in Southern California.
Oct 2008 - Mar 2012
Managed the installation, testing and labeling of the physical media in Time Warner Cable Head end and Hub sites Cisco 7609 network re-IP efforts . Scheduled wiring teams and technicians according to the activation dates, device list availability and construction & power readiness.
- Attended daily conference call between all parties involved in the Re-IP effort. for construction & device list updates and scheduling changes.
- Conducted site walks to determine device locations and network incrementals with Hub team and area engineers
- Created the technicians wire run list based on the routing teams device list and customer engineering standards.
- Ensured the logistics of material delivery and tracking from the Arris warehouse to the customer premise.
- Maintain internal online storage of site documentation, media test results and team location trackers
- Standardized the Big Band SDV and Cisco 7609 rack install to maintain consistency and quality control.
- Cerfified to install, test and turn up the Infinera DTN and OTC DWDM digital optical network solutions.
Jul 2007 - Jul 2008
Field Service Technican
Field Service Technician for a turn key provider responsible for cell site modifications, power plant upgrades, in-building solutions and distributed antenna system site builds.
- 3G site configuration for Sprint's WiMax roll out.
- 54 Volt power plant upgrade to Eltek Flatpack2 rectifiers, Smartpack controller, battery strings, environmental alarms, AC and DC distributions.
- Lucent CDMA Modular Cell 4.0B indoor and outdoor installs for Sprint.
- Motorola iDEN sector adds, 900Mhz and Quad 2 base radio adds for Nextel.
- DAS optical hub site construction and RF intergration from the base station according to the sector - to - node distribution configuration.
- Inbuilding Bi-directional amplifier installations to overcome signal propagation including donor and GPS antennas, amplifier and interconnecting physical media.
Jan 2005 - Apr 2007
Team lead and quality auditor for the Cingular wireless deployment of the True Position E911 LMU in Southern California market. Commissioned, cleared trouble tickets and resolved spectral issues while conducting site audits.
- Integrated the True Position LMU for Cingular's GSM network utilizing Ericsson 2106, 2206, 2250 and 2308 BTS cabinets.
- Mounted external GPS & downlink antenna, weather proofing and grounding for surge protection.
- Built,swept and captured all plots with Anritsu Site Master for return loss and distance to fault measurments.
- Documented site survey data for network design and resolved validation discrepencies.
- Verified and documented the quality of the install in accordance with the customer approved MOP.
Feb 2003 - Jan 2005
Broadband technican for Adelphia, Time Warner, Cox and Charter cable television providers. In side plant CATV Master Headend and Hub site construction including retros and new site builds.
- Rebuilt the Adelphia CATV headend in Van Nuys California including, racks, cable tray, fiber trough, and optical patch panels.
- Pulled, square bundled, terminated and tested RG59, Cat-5 and SM/MM fiber optic cable.
- Installed and intergrated the Aurora optical transmiters and recievers, V-comm decoders, Standard Modulators, EAS, forward combining, return eight way application splitters, CMTS, VOD and status monitoring applications.
- Consistently met project deadlines without incurring system downtime or impacting customer service.