To become a brother at Alpha Kappa Psi, I believe my experiences living abroad, my interpersonal skills and my participating in a wide array of activities will prove to be an asset of this fraternity. Moreover, I hope to acquire experience and knowledge required in outside of my major that will prepare me for the future.
Xiamen, Fujian Province, China2007-2008
Coordinator and leader of the Panda Awareness Project
- Spread awareness of Panda extinction to elementary school students at Xiamen International School.
- Held fundraisers to raise money to improve facilities at Fuzhou Panda Research and Breeding Center
Xiamen, Fujian Province, China2008Coordinator of ACAMIS High School Basketball Tournament 2008
- Responsible of planning game schedule, activities, banquet, brochure design, and T-shirt design. Allocated referees, a team of score-keepers, maintenance crew for each game, Acquired skills of effective organization. Coordinated Student housing for six schools (approx.100 people in total), enhanced skills of leadership and communication.
- Networking with students from other international schools, enhanced experience in events coordination.
- (more info on ACAMIS please go to: http://www.acamis.org/)
-I enjoy running, it gives you the option of challenging yourself, mentally and physically. I also see running as a emotional catharsis to get me back on track and motivated.
- I love reading a wide variety of books, ranging from historical non-fictions, science fictions, classics, to autobiographies.
-I'm interested in meeting new people, trying new things and gaining new experience.
Aug 2009 - Sep 2009
-Different materials with multi-layered solution coating of different shapes implanted into mice to investigate the degree of immune reaction in response to time.
-Worked with a graduate student at NTU, developing communication skills as well as experiences of collaboration.
-Exposed to a wide array of different research, acquired a greater understanding of the research process.
Sep 2006 - Jun 2008
Coordinator and Teacher
-Coordinated schedule, planned teaching lessons with a different theme every class with a focus on Business dialogues and grammar.
-Learned how to facilitate teaching and communicate more effectively and efficiently.
-Tutored approx. 30 engineers and managers at a local Chinese company, a more in-depth understanding of Chinese working culture and business through conversations and interaction.
Jun 2007 - Jul 2007
-Intensive course on general and special relativity with other 28 students accepted to the program.
-Scores ranked 7th out of the 29 students in the program. -Networking with students from different backgrounds with different talents and specialties.