SharePoint Design and Usability
Risk Identification and Mitigation Planning
Jun 2012 - Present
MIS Project Manager
- Management of IT Healthcare (Clinical) and IT Business (Finance and Strategy) projects with an average team size of 20+.
- Use of various project management methodologies and strategies, such as PMBOK, Agile and Waterfall to deliver assigned projects on time and on budget.
- Lead software developers, server administrators and technical analysts to facilitate best practices and information efficiencies for enterprise infrastructures and software deployments.
- Manage 1 to 5 projects simultaneously with an average project budget of $12 – $36 million dollars.
- Procurement management of vendors (Cerner, McKesson) for project tasks, equipment and contractual bindings based on negotiations.
- Worked with the Vice President of MIS to incorporate ITIL v3 methodology into the current workflows, ensuring smooth transitions from projects to operations.
- As a developmental project, I am working with MIS departments to begin tracking project work time from individual team members through Project Server 2010, providing workload and allocation data for executive management.
- Working with operational management on standardizing ITIL methodologies throughout the entire organization.
- Management of budgetary tracking/analysis of projects to ensure budget integrity, earned value analysis and early financial risk detection.
- Management of $36 million dollar integration of Cerner Technologies infrastructure to link clinical documentation and Florida Hospital revenue systems to provide a full service environment.
- Management of 210 Florida Hospital Management Group Physician offices, requiring the installment of Electronic Health Records (EHR), Nuance Dragon and abstraction requirements.
- Use of MS Project 2010 and Project Server 2010 for project scheduling, project reporting request project resources, costs and scheduling.
- Management of enterprise system’s software and hardware integration into existing healthcare architecture and workflow process. While meeting Meaningful Use (MU) and HIPPA guidelines.
Nov 2010 - Jun 2012
I.T. Project Manager
- Managed 1 to 4 clinical and business related I.T. projects simultaneously ranging from $500K to $3 million dollars in budgetary funding, with 45+ resources.
- Managed IT Healthcare (Clinical), IT Business (Revenue and Strategy) and Web, e-Commerce (Company Store/Employee Store) projects.
- Project Manager for projects that crossed numerous medical disciplines and integrated current established infrastructure technologies with federally regulated technologies. (Cerner)
- Managed in a balanced matrix environment where lobbying for resources were required and allocated based on priority and workload.
- Managed risk register tables for each project, which were presented to executive level management on a monthly basis, ensuring transparency and group cohesiveness.
- Managed projects intricacies through Microsoft Project 2010 to ensure resource availability and dependencies were considered in the delivery of the project.
- Developed and established the “PMO Archives” based on ITIL methodologies maintaining a history of previous projects and all documents associated with the project.
- Worked with service departments to establish and ITIL foundation in the operational methodology, which help to facilitate project transitions to an effective operational state.
- Helped establish ITIL Information Security Policy for the IT organization protecting internal and patient secure data from outside security threats.
- Presented each project team with a communication plan that set guidelines on how the team will communicate and identified the chain of command. This reduced communication errors and project delays due to improper communications.
- Managed the following documentation on each project to ensure uniformity: HR resource plan, Scope Document, Procurement Plans and Roles and Responsibilities Documents.
- Volunteered as a mentor to the PMO office to review current and establish new project guidelines based on PMBOK standards and ITIL best practices, to ensure the department met the overall organizational strategies.
Oct 2004 - Nov 2010
I.T. Project Manager
- Received the “Key Contributor Award” from AT&T executive leadership for contributions to overall organizational strategies.
- Successfully completed projects with 35+ resources, in a unionized environment that placed contractual limitations on resources and costs.
- Worked alongside web developers, quality strategist and programmers to develop an internal web-based system to streamline internal enterprise equipment ordering workflows, reducing the need for timely approvals and paper waste, aligning with the organizations green strategies.
- Lead the project team to strategize with the customer in the development of the ticketing system SharePoint to release needed features fast and “wanted” features after needs were met.
- The internal web based equipment ordering system (E- Commerce) reduced the need for human interaction and rapidly processing request, saving the company approximately over $200K in the first full year.
- Worked with AT&T IT Teams and Microsoft development teams to implement a web based call center SharePoint infrastructure that was introduced into three AT&T call centers.
- Eliminated paper requiring workflows with the SharePoint Call Center integration, saving approximately $240K dollars a year.
- Managed project resources on an enterprise level by lobbying resource managers for Subject Matter Experts (SME) and their allocation percentages.
- Led governance meetings with leaders for open discussion on resolving outstanding issues and current hot topic items.
Sep 2007 - May 2010
Bachelors of Science
Aug 2011 - Present
Apr 2012 - Apr 2017