Warrenton Regional Animal Health Laboratory
- Provide supervision of technical activities at the Warrenton Laboratory for microbiologists, laboratory aide, necropsy technician, and office services specialist.
- Oversee writing and implementation of the Standard Operating Procedures of all testing.
- Assure compliance with Quality requirements.
- Oversee the re-certification of the technical laboratory staff for diagnostic testing by outside certifying bodies such as NVSL, USDA, AAVLD, VLA, and EPA for testing in microbiology, serology, water, and dairy science.
- Oversee the implementation of new testing procedures and assure that prior to new testing procedures being implemented, correlation and validation studies are performed and documented, and staff is properly trained on new procedure.
- Perform bench work on a regular basis and complete and pass all appropriate surveys and check tests for regulatory and diagnostic testing done by the lab.
- Responsible for ordering laboratory supplies.
- Initiate, maintain, and evaluate maintenance and repair contracts for equipment.
- Assure that all safety requirements relevant to work activities are communicated, practiced, and adhered to.