My passions include developing and launching new products and product features, supporting non-profit resource development and consulting on business strategy and tactics. I feel strongly that safe and decent housing is a benefit to entire communities and I focus my volunteer work towards bringing housing to my area. In my spare time, my interests include cooking, photography, reading, music and kayaking. While I have been seeking new opportunities I have used the time to wisely, developing plans to help the state maintain existing affordable housing, displaying my photography in Ballard and volunteering to help existing businesses develop new revenue strategies in a changing economy.
Project and Program Leadership
Business Process Improvement and Change Management
Affordable Housing-Public Policy Advocate
Product Development, Branding and Marketing
P & L Management
Most recently responsible for Marketing Integration and Offer Strategy for WaMu's Home Loans Production group, I co-founded C2C Catalyst, a unique consulting company, with a focus on providing services to small business and non profit organizations. Our personalized plans allow companies the flexibility to work with C2C Catalyst to develop solutions that meet current needs. Whether a single presentation needs to be developed or an entire product launch planned, my team can provide the expertise and experience your business or organization needs to be successful and reach your goals. Our special focus on revenue and expenses means your bottom line is our bottom line! C2C Catalyst's specialities include Product Development, Marketing Planning and Communications. Business Process Improvement and Development, Change Management, Strategy and Project and Program Leadership.
I've managed Multi-Channel/Media Home Equity Lifecycle and Retention Marketing and focused on products, projects and services that would ensure that the Home Equity portfolio product delivered superior shareholder returns and utilized corporate capital efficiently and effectively. My work leading the purchase and sales of secured loan portfolios and the development of an off boarding strategy and technology platform helped me develop a strong financial acumen and a keen eye for efficient process. My ground up product development success has been earned me top management recognition at WaMu. My most successful marketing campaign delivered a 13% response rate and included developing materials for both traditional and direct marketing channels.
My industry knowledge in specialty residential lending sectors including Home Equity, Portfolio Lending, Co-op Lending and Manufactured Home Lending has allowed me to participate in many complex projects and programs including product and policy development, pricing, marketing and advertising, servicing, layered risk management and portfolio management, sales and securitizations.
Executive Summary: ·
- Senior Manager with over twenty years of experience in product, program and marketing management.
- Experience managing large teams through complex business and systems initiatives with a focus on process improvement, cost savings and/or profit enhancement, including setting overall strategies and objectives.
- Deep involvement as a business leader/manager on financial services systems, including but not limited to origination, servicing, credit decisioning and CRM software programs and services.
- Experience with capital planning, balance sheet strategies and business project portfolio planning including assigning resources, load balancing and communication planning.
- Experience managing large asset portfolios ($50B +) including portfolio sales and acquisitions and the related system planning leadership.
- Marketing Management
- Program and Project Leadership
- Direct Marketing
- Strategic Planning and Execution
- Lending and Credit Management
- Loyalty, Retention and Life Cycle Management
- Mortgage and Home Equity Specialist
- Customer Experience
- Product Development and Management
- PMLC and SDLC
- P & L Management
- Vendor Relationships
- Creative Problem Solving
- Asset Management and Strategy
- People Development
- Portfolio Management
- Negotiation and Persuasion
- Customer Relationship Management
- C-Level Presentations
- Process Development and Improvement
- RFP Development and Management
Jun 2010 - Present
Pro Bono Account Director/Consultant
Pro bono consultant to Major Seattle area Arts organization. Developing new brand identity and key messages in anticipation of major capital campaign to acquire/develop additional buildings.
- Develop discovery questionnaire and lead brand strategy sessions
- Manage brand standards and guidelines
- Develop creative brief and work with copy and marketing team to develop new messages and brand signature.
Sep 2010 - Present
Managing Director, Principal Consultant
- Lead the development of a new Brand strategy and key messages campaign for major non-profit Seattle arts organization, launched in 2nd quarter 2011. This resulted in a new brand identity and tag line in advance of a major capital campaign to develop new infrastructure.
- Continue to support Marketing strategies and execution of the tactical plan in support of all Marketing related activities for same organization.
- Develop on-line survey for Seattle Service Group, a new non-profit service grant provider currently being established.
- Serve as member of the Strategy Committee and Working Board of Directors. Seattle Service Group will provide project teams to manage and implement marketing, strategy, website development and analytics projects on behalf of other area non profit organizations.
- Manage the end-to-end launch plan of three new products for a local Credit Union, including product development, marketing planning and project oversight. Project put on hold due to strategic re-focus.
- Develop and deliver comprehensive Product, Sales and Strategic Plan training for all member facing staff of local Credit Union, including on site coaching, observation and feedback and development of related sales tools.
- Work with Marketing Director of local Credit Union to develop detailed Welcome and Life Cycle communications plan, including development of Welcome and Thank you correspondence.
- Develop concepts and provided creative plan for Commercial Lending marketing campaign.
- Lead development of survey series to determine appropriate use of state trust fund monies in light of revised strategic plan.
- Manage overall research and analysis project for major energy association contract awarded to client; Develop and document tools and frameworks for running projects entirely in a virtual environment.
Jul 1993 - Jan 2009
VP, Group Product Manager
VP & Group Product Manager (since 2002)
Product Strategy, Development and Management
- Led highly successful Texas Home Equity Line Of Credit(HELOC) and 95% Purchase Money Second Loan product launch teams, launching both new programs simultaneously and within 6 months of project kickoff.
- Developed and launched proprietary Payment Protection program for Home Equity.
- Developed and launched streamlined Credit Line Increase process for Home Equity resulting in $7.5M savings and ~10 business day reduction in processing time.
- Led successful product exit planning teams for Home Improvement, Manufactured Housing(MH), Boat and RV Lending programs. Closed Portfolios hade exceeded performance standards including prepayment acceleration and Non-performing loan metrics. Managed investor and community relations, capital requirements and balance sheet strategy.
- Management of multiple Agent Bank and large national vendor relationships for Home Equity, Credit Cards, Manufactured Housing and Vehicle Loans including:
- Experian, Equifax, SAP, AIG United Guaranty, VISA, FDR, RDC-Metavante, Goldman Sachs, Assurant, and Citigroup.
- HE Line of business contributed 14% of corporate NIAT for 2004; 13% for 2005; 11% for 2006. Despite 2007 economic pressures and current performance, weighted average RAROCs exceed 35% for Line of Business.
Asset and Portfolio Management Strategy
- Successfully brokered and managed sale of closed MH loan portfolio in two transactions in 2006 and 2007. All up sale resulted in 96.53 versus target of 93 and avoided $450K in broker fees. Led MH Task Force which reduced defaults and net losses by over 6%.
- Home Equity Business lead for the largest home equity loan backed REMIC in market history; REIT collateralized by $5.8B in 1st Lien Home Equity Loans; used the proceeds to return $1.5 billion to our shareholders - the largest such capital return in WaMu's long history, either on a percentage or dollar basis, developed and led operational execution team and was Product liaison to Goldman Sachs.
- Managed portfolio acquisition, divestiture and structured finance conduits collateralized by Home Equity, including developing an on-boarding process for portfolio purchases.
- Developed strategies to shift Held For Investment(HFI) portfolio balances to agency salable programs through use of strategically delivered offers.
Marketing Management and Strategy
- Led all account management related activities to maintain sustained utilization of HELOCs and retention of Equity customers. Responsible for ensuring profitable growth and appropriate management of risk factors for Home Equity portfolio from 2005-2007. Utilization exceeded plan by 825 bps and Constant Prepayment Rate remained at less than 2% in rising rate environment 2004-2005). In 2007-08, effectively managed high quality marketable universe to maintain retention rates of superior accounts.
- Ground up Direct Marketing campaign development includes:
- WaMu Mortgage Plus Welcome Kit and Overall HE Welcome Experience (multi-channel and multi-medium plan)
- Voluntary Credit Line Decrease
- Statement Lifecycle Marketing Matrix-saved over 70% from planned cost per piece spend
- Developed a Pre-Approved Home Equity Line Increase campaign with a 13% Gross Response Rate and a 2.71% increase in utilization. Utilization and retention exceeded plan by over 103% in 2007.
- Current portfolio is over $56 billion with 60% YOY growth in 2004 and 25 % YOY growth in 2005. Maintained slight growth in 2006 and 2007, despite economic conditions. 2008 attrition was less than 1% and utilization exceeded plan by 10%.
- Developed marketing strategies for MH lending, through strategic market analysis and accumulation of external research. Created support materials, including technical manuals, for internal and external use in training and in support functions directly related to MH lending and industry. Managed MH Trade Show and Event Planning
- Developed and executed multiple cost cutting initiatives which resulted in over $36.7M in cost savings or revenue enhancements including:
- Home Equity Loan Interest rate accrual changes ($3.1M annual revenue enhancement)
- Home Equity Line of Credit rate lookback changes; Remove rate lag ($10M annual revenue enhancement)
- FASB deferral adjustments and cost recovery programs.
- Recognized as an WaMu OpExpert(equivalent of Green Belt); Led Settlement Services project that resulted in $16.1M annual cost reduction by negotiating pricing with key service providers.
Policy and Procedure Development and Management
- Researched, developed and coordinated communication of all program information, policy and procedures for Residential, Consumer Manufactured Home Loan and Construction Loan Products, including technical support.
- Developed business requirements for related Technical Infrastructure projects, including Credit Decision and Appraisal Management systems.
- Developed programs, policies and training materials for FL, CA, TX and NV state Consumer Lending rollouts.
- Managed multi-state customer service support of MH Lending Operations for Consumer Bank Network, including risk assessment and exception lending decisions for loans in process.
Technology Project Business Leadership
- Lending Origination Systems Development Team-Content Specialist-Developed rollout training curriculum for multiple lending system launches. Created original Conditions to Print for all lending documents. Provided on site support during launch of systems.
- Pivotal business strategy role on multiple servicing system conversions including Alltel, Fidelity and AMS-CGI.
Other WaMu positions held include Policy Development Manager, Business Development Officer and Training Specialist.
Sep 1992 - Jun 1993
Achieved 1st year commercial and consumer deposit and lending objectives within 9 months of new market expansion.
Apr 1986 - Jun 1992
Select Banking Manager
- Planned, coordinated and implemented sales programs to achieve stated objectives for Western Suffolk County.Managed, coached, trained and reviewed Private Client and Select sales staff at multiple locations.Focused on wealth management activities, including trust and estate planning services.Planned, organized and conducted special events, seminars and other proactive direct sales programs.Conducted thorough analysis of Strategic Market Area, including trends, demographics and cost-benefit analysis to identify growth opportunities.
- Grew SMSA Deposit market share from 8% market share in 1987 to 42% market share by 1991 (Lindenhurst-Copiague-Amityville, NY)
Dec 2003 - Feb 2004
Issuers and Acquirers Course
Visa Business School
Sep 1988 - Dec 1991
Bachelor of Business Administration
Graduated Magna Cum Laude
Sep 1986 - May 1988
American Institute of Banking
Winner, Percy Johnston Award for Outstanding Acheivement in Education